An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Interview questions for Incarceration vs Drug Treatment Courts

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by ruths, Mar 31, 2018.

1. ruths

ruths Member

Hello! I hope this is an acceptable thread.

I am writing an English 102 paper on whether people should be incarcerated for drug related crime, and I am gathering primary research to support my arguments and understand opposing views. This is a time sensitive interview so I am looking for responses within the next three days.

All questions asked are for the sole purpose of my paper and answers given will not be used for any other purpose. Please answer the following questions as fully as you are able.

1. What is your name?
    2. What qualifications or relationships do you have with drug abuse and/or the justice system?
    3. What are your thoughts on incarcerating people for drug related crimes?
    4. Do you have any experiences with positive or negative consequences of incarceration for drug related crime that you would be willing to share with me?
    5. What are your thoughts on Drug Treatment Courts?
    6. Have you had any experience with bias in the Drug Treatment Court System?
    7. Do you have any experiences with positive or negative consequences of the Drug Treatment Court system or the process of rehabilitation that offenders are subjected to through the system that you would be willing to share with me?
    8. In your opinion, which serves drug offenders better: incarceration through the traditional justice system, or rehabilitation through drug treatment courts, and why?
    9. In your experience, how could the justice system or Drug Treatment Courts be changed to serve drug offenders better?

Thank you!