An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Invitation From The Other Side

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Kiddkidd23, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Kiddkidd23

Kiddkidd23 Member

Hey everyone.. i came across this website and thought id take a look around... im a 32 yr old recovering heroin addict and finally living life! :D
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Welcome to the community, @Kiddkidd23! And congrats on overcoming your heroin addiction! So glad to hear you're finally living life! How long have you been clean?
    Kiddkidd23 likes this.
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Kiddkidd23 Hello and welcome! I'm so glad you found us here in the Forum! Congratulations on your recovery! Anything you can add that will help others who are struggling with addiction is greatly appreciated!
    Kiddkidd23 and deanokat like this.
  4. Kiddkidd23

Kiddkidd23 Member

Hello and thank you..
    So I got arrested july 18th 2014. I did relapse once the 1st time i went back to my home town in january 2017, u know people places and things honestly do matter i cant say it enough. The only thing i can say is the saying nobody changes is a lie. Each day presents a new struggle its not easy but i jus keep on pushing. For once i have turned my pain into motivation. Ive kept a job since i been out. Completed all state requirements last dec. so the state doesnt own me lol. I knocked out my short term goals. Rn im working on gettin jnto school for computers. Its a great freeing feeling! I just want to help in anyway i can for those who know nothin about it.. recovery is possible for anyone
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Amen!!!
    Lostboy8731 and Kiddkidd23 like this.