An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is Alcohol a must in a party?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Hozyboy, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Alcohol certainly isn't a must for a party. I, too, used to think that alcohol was a must-have when I was younger. But nowadays I'd be perfectly fine with a coke.
  2. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

I don't know if it's easy to walk away because many times those people are all we know. At the same time we will be better off.
  3. I think it is up to you, and it is in your best interest to avoid if you haven't yet tried alcohol because these are the product that are very addictive and damaging.
  4. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Active Contributor

Well, I do prefer alcohol at parties but I don't think it's a must. You can have fun with lots of other things anyway. If you are regretting what you are doing, you might as well stop it cause regretting something is never worth it.
  5. detoxgui

detoxgui Member

No, I don't think that alcohol is necessary for parties. Some people believe that we can't celebrate without parties. Alcohol is not at all needed. In some family parties, we don't need alcohol and you can enjoy the party without that stuff.
  6. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

Most people say it's not necessary, but the fact is all or most parties have alcohol and everyone sees it necessary. It's hard to change habits.
  7. owenrules

owenrules Member

That's true, many people think that alcohol was a must-have on parties.
  8. VicToryn

VicToryn Member

Honestly, I was the same. When I was young it was the party itself that was the reason to drink alcohol. We even organized them because we wanted to drink and come off in full. But really, you don't notice how fast drinking becomes your habit and an everyday necessity. At some point, I realized that if I don't stop, it will become a real problem. Last year on my birthday, I decided to invite all my friends and I called for help https://www.ontourevents.co.uk/exhibition-stands-product-launches. They helped me to organize the event and offered everything we needed for dancing and partying. All evening I was drinking just non-alcoholic cocktails. To tell the truth, I did not regret it. More than all, my wife appreciated it a lot.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  9. CeviniTo

CeviniTo Member

While you are a teenager, you will meet this problem, because the alcohol is also a way to express yourself at this age. It makes them feel cool, but if you don't feel like it, then that's good. If this is a conscious decision. I have a classmate who doesn't drink because he doesn't like it and everyone knows this and doesn't condemn him. This is normal