An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is Caffeine addiction possible?

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by qvogiteman, Jun 24, 2015.

1. juno

juno Community Champion

Although not life threatening many people are addicted to caffeine. They get head aches and can't get on in the morning without their daily dose of java. Caffeine addiction is very much a real thing. I'm sure it can become a problem for those whose health is affected and the doctor recommends reducing it. I think if insomnia becomes an issue because of the caffeine then your daily functioning will eventually be effected.
  2. Lizel

Lizel Community Champion

You can be addicted to caffeine, it's true, and there's a long list of various side effects. You should definitely limit the amount of consumed caffeine each day to average.
  3. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

You can become addicted to caffeine. I know people who were addicted to caffeine and cigarettes, they couldn't have one without the other. When it comes to caffeine it can help you stay awake, but can be addictive too. If you never get enough sleep and have a lifestyle that keeps you up day and night, you'll grow a dependency on it. Once you grow a dependency on something your addicted.
  4. serenity

serenity Community Champion

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

Definitely! Thankfully, I don't drink coffee as much and when I do I just drink it because I'm probably in Starbucks or something. That being said, it's not as addictive as drugs or alcohol, but you should drink it carefully.