An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is Extacy still around?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy / MDMA' started by Davienna, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Davienna

Davienna Community Champion

A few years ago when extacy was becoming popular in my country, I had tried it and felt nothing. I was told that it would only make me feel nice and it was not highly addictive so I tried it. I felt absolutely nothing but now I am grown so I will not be experimenting anymore. Just wondering though, is it off the market as I have not heard about it in recent years.
  2. Charles P.

Charles P. Community Advocate

Unfortunately, it is still around, and stronger than ever. It is a Club Drug, and is still very popular on that scene. I am glad that you won't be trying it, because it is very dangerous. For too many, the drug takes away their inhibitions, and that is why most who try it one time, keep coming back.

Charles P.
  3. Davienna

Thankfully it did not have that effect on me, but I will definitely not try it again. I do hope they stop making it as I have done a little research and realized how horrible it can be.
  4. wulfman

wulfman Senior Contributor

Yes Ecstasy is still around plenty. My girlfriend used to do it in college. My ex girlfriend I should say. And that was one of the reasons.
  5. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Community Champion

Ecstasy use is still very high in various regions of the world. It is indeed a club and partying drug, so youths and young adults are more likely to take this particular drug. Then again, individuals of all ages take MDMA because of the euphoric feelings is gives takers, and you can absolutely become addicted to it. It's a problem that's not going to disappear anytime soon.
  6. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

It's definitely still around in my country (UK) and judging by the sound of it, it's a lot stronger here too. I have never known anyone to have taken it and not felt the effects, which are usually much more intense the first time. Unfortunately, I also know that much of the Ecstasy in this part of the world is made in several different ways and the MDMA is mixed with all sorts of other substances, such as Ketamine and sometimes even Heroin. There is also another MDMA alternative going around called PMA which is a lot more dangerous and is known to have caused deaths.
  7. Davienna

Guess I have to be thankful then that it did not have such effects on me, hence I am not addicted. I took it and was awaiting the moment to feel even a little different. Now I am wondering if my body is different because of this and my experience with marijuana also.
  8. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

Yes it's still very popular in the club scene. I see it going around all the time or I can see people who are on it.
  9. Davienna

I guess it's just Jamaica that doesn't really have it going around any more. I have not seen or heard about it in recent years. It was very popular amongst college students.
  10. jade870

jade870 Active Contributor

Yes this drug is still around, it made its make about 2000 to 2010 and it has not went away. I live in the north now but when I live in south west Ark it was every were. And I have family and friends still down there and, it still moves just as strong as it did when it first came out. Most of the time you can find this in south Texas, with no problem and people are still making it to.
  11. Davienna

There is a possibility that it is still here but something drastic has to happen before it is mentioned in our country. Just like crack cocaine, we only hear about it when they seize a large portion or whenever someone goes crazy we make a general assumption and blame it on the coke. It is a hush hush here and we are not sensitized and, or warned about these drugs.
  12. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

No matter how different your body is, you're still going to feel something when you use MDMA. You more than likely just got a bunk pill. That's the problem with purchasing black market drugs: you never know exactly what you're buying unless you use test kits.
  13. Sparkster

I totally agree with this. In the distant past I have known LSD users to be sold 'trips' that were nothing more than blotting paper cut up into squares. It seemed that whoever sold it didn't even bother letting it absorb any chemicals at all, there was literally nothing in there as far as we know. As I said, people are also using PMA as an MDMA alternative and aswell as there being many bunk drugs around there are, of course, also bad batches. It can be a lot like playing Russian roulette, you never really know what's in there.

As for my previous comment about Ecstasy still being around, there's still plenty of it but M-CAT (Mephedrone) and Cocaine have become a lot more popular in this area in recent times, so whilst there is still Ecstasy around there's not a great deal of it.
  14. ThatKidWithTheFace

ThatKidWithTheFace Active Contributor

The problem with "Ecstasy" these days, is that most of these kids have no clue what they are taking. Dealers buy research chemicals online that mimic the effects of MDMA, and the kids eat it up like candy. This is extremely dangerous, because most of these chemicals have never been tested in a laboratory situation, so we have no clue how dangerous they are.
  15. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21 Active Contributor

It is still around unfortunately and you should consider yourself fortunate for not being impacted by it earlier in your life. That is where so many of us developed the addiction that ruined our life; just one pill, one sniff, one pull on a spliff or a cigarette.
    I heard persons talking of it saying that it has gone sky high nowadays and it is resulting in persons doing illicit activities to get it. It is not being mentioned much in the media locally, but it continues to lurk and impact individuals negatively.
  16. Peachdejour

Peachdejour Member

It is still around, but you will see it in a more pure version called MDMA or Molly. You can still get the pills in some markets, but Molly has been popularized by current popular media and rave parties. Because it is more pure, it has the ability to cause overdoses at a much higher rate.
  17. ThatKidWithTheFace

ThatKidWithTheFace Active Contributor

Peachdejour, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Everyone seems to think it's more pure these days. They call it "Molly" and make claims about it being "Pure MDMA", when in actualiaty the crystal "Molly" most of these kids are selling these days is less pure than what was around in the late 90's/early 2000's. It generally isn't MDMA. It can be anything from Ethylone to Methamphetamine mixed with one of the 2C compounds. It's actually not uncommon for Methamphetamine alone to be sold as "Molly".
  18. Sparkster

Bath salts, including compounds such as MDPV, Mephedrone (M-CAT) and Methylone are also given the nickname 'Molly' - bottom line is that users just don't know what they're getting. In the UK the nickname 'Mandy' is used instead of 'Molly' and it has been acknowledge that meth(amphetamine) has been sold as MDMA or Ecstasy.
  19. Peachdejour

Peachdejour Member

So, basically, extasy isn't really extasy anymore and everyone should just air on the side of caution and not touch it. That's barking up the wrong tree, isn't it?
  20. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

Just like nearly every other black market drug out there, some is real and some isn't. If you absolutely must indulge, be safe and use a test kit.