An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is it just me

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by PingPongCall, Jan 18, 2016.

1. PingPongCall

PingPongCall Active Contributor

Ughhh, no thank you.
  2. PingPongCall

Well that's the most depressing thing I think I'll read today.
  3. PingPongCall

Sorry, I'm not being a dick or anything, I just thought the great flood was an actual thing that happened somewhere and I just missed it somehow. Like a monsoon in Asia or something.
    deanokat and MyDigitalpoint like this.
  4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

No problem @PingPongCall, I know that when we are in trouble many religious-related mentions make no sense to us at all, happened to me as well, and such like in this case, there is no real evidence that such flood has really occurred despite some researchers have tried to prove it otherwise.

However, sometimes the mention of the Great Flood is merely metaphoric to refer to a huge catastrophic thing that may eventually be mended with one's own effort through the pass of the time ;)
  5. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

We are a nice range of emotions. Some of it is nice and some pretty nasty. However horrible you may feel it won't last forever. It does no one any good to ignore how you feel. It's all in how you handle it.
  6. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

@PingPongCall Hello and Welcome to this forum! Always remember that everyday is a new day with new opportunities in your life. And your struggles in life are the ones who will help you to make you a better person someday. Always have that faith in your heart that you can do it to be clean and sober to change your life for the better. All the best of luck!
  7. rz3300@

rz3300@ Senior Contributor

Well I think one lesson that we learn in recovery is that nothing is ever just you. Certainly there are people like you that feel that way, and there are ways to deal with that. It is all in the approach that you take, and I think that the best thing that you can do is just focus on the positives. There is always help out there though, so find some people to talk with and see where they can lead you would be my advice.
  8. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I think that as a recovering addict, you are just struggling with being sober and the withdrawal symptoms in general. I think the best thing for you to do is to hang in there and try to see the positive side of being sober which is gonna help you in your recovery. Like what they say, "This too, shall pass."
  9. PingPongCall

See, it's not a matter of withdrawal. Maybe it isn't even about being sober. My issue is with everything around me and my inability to get anywhere no matter how hard I work.

When I was high all the time I was able to create things (writing, games, art) and it seems like ever since I stopped, everything has just been a slow depressing decline into obscurity.
  10. PingPongCall

hmm. Look at you, getting all deep and **** about religion, making me think.....knock that **** off. lol
  11. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I have read that people who are high are indeed more creative, but that is no excuse to use again. You should develop a positive attitude and view drugs as something that you don't need rather than a necessity if you really want to be clean and live a normal life again.
  12. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

As an ex-alcoholic, I often feel the same way to be honest, and life is sometimes difficult. While I font have that urge to drink anymore, I still sometimes get that feeling that life was better when I did drink.

To combat that, all I do is throw myself into the day and try and keep as busy as I can. It might not help, but at least it stops me thinking about it as much and the feeling passes.
  13. Mayoress

Mayoress Active Contributor

It always feels that way when you first start. You need to realise that nothing good comes easy. So it would be difficult at first, but it gets easier after some time. Everybody feels this way, you just need to be strong and know that you are not alone in this.
  14. PingPongCall

UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Why does this suck so bad.
  15. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Because that's just the way it is. But it can and will get better, my friend. You just have to trust me on that.
  16. PingPongCall

Yeah I know it will......doesn't mean I have to enjoy the trip though. Thanks for always being a bro.
    deanokat likes this.
  17. JHD

JHD Member

I totally understand what he is saying... I find when I am sober, my depression is worse, my anxiety is horrible, I can't handle being around people, and I am in so much physical pain from my disability that I don't leave my house at all... I have seizures brought in by stress... And am having more than ever.... I wish that I could just die already... But since I can't make it happen with just thoughts I'm screwed... I have never been so unhappy and miserable in my life... I have gone years at a time without using or drinking and have been in therapy for years . It never got any better... I don't think it ever will... I pray that at some point soon God ends my misery... All I know is that if I ever get sick with anything that could kill me.... I will not get treatment... I'm just ready for it to be over... I am in pain 24/7 with no relief... And my therapist said with all the mental traumas and abuse I have suffered through... I could be in therapy for the rest of my life and still never work through it... My sober life is more miserable than my life ever was when I was using... I know a lot of people say it gets better... But at this point I will only say... It doesn't get better for everyone... So times they are just to damaged to ever lead a happy life