An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is it possible to have a normal life after a crack cocaine addiction?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by jutabraonl, Jul 9, 2015.

1. jutabraonl

jutabraonl Member

has anyone here stayed off successfully? Or is the temptation going to be a problem forever? does anyone know any statistics for successful recovery?
  2. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Senior Contributor

I Don't care what statistics say my friend,I live my life the way I chose it,and do you know what,my life is not the easiest,my girlfriend died in the car accident,I've been cheated by one guy and I lost everything what I had,slept in the car for two and a half month,many times had nerves breakdown,and now I'm again on the edge of loosing my house and everything I earned in 5 years. I have arrived from Lithuania to UK 5 years ago,and now I'm more positive as I have ever been before. I have changed my thinking,before I was running from problems,now I meet them and deal with them. Jesus once said "nothing is impossible if you believe" and the only thing that can stop you from having a new life IS NOT STATISTICS- BUT YOUR UNBELIEF who do you trust?,statistics or God, who says that nothing is impossible! As for me my friend, I have chosen to believe what Creator of the Universe says. On the other hand I have made a decision how I'm going to live my life. I did set a goal,and I'm going to achieve it what ever it takes,and I don't care what other people might say about me,the most important thing for me now is- to achieve my goal,and to have a life that I have always dreamed of. As for you my friend,I know that you have a dream in your hart,and I want to tell you that what ever you have in your hart-IT IS POSSIBLE TO ACHIEVE IT,if you will believe to it. Check out my blog " http://www.thepowerofselftalkandpositive... " I've got free ebooks for you,just come and get them. It will help you to have a right mindset and then,you will be confident and know what you are doing and where you are going. Because today so many people,they don't know where they are going,and what they want to achieve in life. So,good Luck,and live a life of your dreams!
  3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

For as long as you focus on your past-time addiction, you will never have the so-called "normal" life.

But if once that you get clean and sober you start living your life naturally, refraining from doing drugs, but without the "before-and-after" in mind, then your life will go smoothly without having to fight addiction or relapse, because you will remove the risk factor by living with "normality" as if you never have done drugs ever.

It's a matter or willpower ;)
  4. Lizel

Lizel Community Champion

Of course it is possible, but you would need to dedicate some time into improving your life style a little bit.
    There's always a solution for every problem out there, and it's just you who needs to reach for advice.
    You can live normally no matter what has happened, no matter what are your past memories, I have learnt to live normally after all of my life experiences, let me be your inspiration. :)
  5. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

I suspect that if you are able to conquer an addiction to crack then your life will end up being more normal than it ever has been before!

It's certainly possible though! As long as the determination to quit comes from within and you arm yourself with as much support as you can muster up then the chances are that you will be able to live the rest of your days in relative normality. This does involve some "letting go" though, as MyDigitalpoint quite rightly says.
  6. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

Even tho I have never been on crack, I grew up with people who had this addiction in my family. It is possible for someone to live a normal life after a crack addiction. The only problem is the people you might have stole from won't trust you any more. Most of the people I've talk to that have kicked that habit, say they stay away from people who use crack period, so they won't relapse. It's possible to live a normal life afterwards tho.
  7. rightct

rightct Community Champion

It is possible. I've been telling this to many people lately: Don't give up no matter what! Just don't! You can get on your feet easily, without much struggle whatsoever. It's not impossible once you quit doing that horrendous drug. If you quit it, it's a chance you could become a good person again!
  8. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

Nothing is impossible really. If you make a decision to do something and stick to it, you can't fail. Getting your proper nutrition and being productive will work. Besides I've seen one of the worst crack addicts give it up once he had no other choice too. It can be done.
  9. 6up

6up Community Champion

One can live a positive life after any kind of addiction if they can realise how hard life was under drugs. You need to stay focused so that you may attain whatever you aiming. By knowing how dangerous drugs are, there will be no need to continue taking them. Being close to your family members also helps you avoid thinking about the past. You will have to avoid your past friends who have not yet decided to change their habits.
  10. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

It is, but you should not lose your faith and be strong-willed until you reach your goals. Everything is possible if you have trust in yourself and believe you are able to make it.It just takes some time and patience.