An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is it possible to use Marijuana in a good way beside medical use?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by amin021023, May 14, 2015.

1. henry

henry Community Champion

I hate to admit it, but weed makes you hear music in 3D. That's why I used it. Music just don't sound the same without it. I remember I never got what all the fuzz was about with Jimi Hendrix, but, man, when I listened to him high for the first time, I almost freaked out. I felt like there was some secret code to music that you couldn't get without somoking weed, and I still feel the same. That's how you really differentiate between good music and crap. To me, it was like, if it didn't make me trip, it was crap, and I still don't think I was wrong.
  2. Farris

Farris Member

Hi, Mimic4!
    I am so sorry to hear about your husband!
    Listen, I have been diagnosed with severe social anxiety and suffer from crippling panic attacks.
    When you have anxiety disorder you have to be very careful with pot as it can cause/worsen the anxiety.
    I use pot for pain control, but I try to be as careful as I can. I buy only the weakest pot I can find and even then I only smoke about an orange seed size of it-only enough to ease the pain a little.
    Your husband is most likely exacerbating his anxiety problems.
    I will keep you, your children AND your husband in my prayers.
    *Hugs*
  3. Farris

Farris Member

^That was SUPPOSE to say, "Momof4"!
    @$#! Auto-corrector!
  4. Shimus

Shimus Community Champion

I believe people don't need Doctors to tell them what is good or bad, they know that themselves. If the substance is helping you and you use it in moderation and for the task at hand, I don't see why you couldn't self diagnose. But remember; only do this if you have job security or the best you got is fast food joint jobs (from my personal experience and location). And only do it sparingly, and drink plenty of water and you can circulate the THC out of your system better than a heavier, everyday smoker.
  5. Thank you soooo much! I suffer from chronic pain myself. I have been trying essential oils with some success. They are very expensive though. I do know when you are in pain you would try anything. my state just legalized the use of cannabis oil so I may try that. I hope you are finding relief. I know how frustrating pain can be. Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers. :)
  6. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

In New Zealand, where I am from, medical marijuana use has only been allowed to a few people and the penalties are harsh jail sentences and also the fines are big too and not legal to use although people do use it illegally in the country. Prison sentences can be up to 14 years or more and not worth the risk, as it will affect employment and also, cause tensions in relationships as well in my country, and there has been no proven positive uses to legalize it in New Zealand although many have tried to get it legal. There was one man in 2009 who believed the cops were watching him and if they ever came to take him would die, in a epic fight and die which did happen for two days he fought a battle with the cops and had traps in the house so if anyone entered would die.
  7. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

It is my first time to read that weed can improve hearing aside from the medical use it has been reported before. I think if someone needs to improve hearing, why not just use those approved medicines or drugs for it. I still see weed as illegal and could give bad effects.
  8. SpectateSwamp

SpectateSwamp Member

PotHeads won the war and there will be repercussions
    Re-Education camps and Pot Boarding.

The Anti-PotHeads will try for prohibition again unless we fix them
  9. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@SpectateSwamp hey there. i'm confused as to what you're saying.. what kind of ceremony are you doing?
    SpectateSwamp likes this.
  10. SpectateSwamp

SpectateSwamp Member

A blessing of the stones with Pot Smoke.
    The ToKin Stone was obviously designed for Smoking.

What a great way to administer pot to the incapacitated.