An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is it true

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Nickl, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Nickl

Nickl Member

I don't want to keep in touchh with the kids. They are younger and I don't want her to end up trying to make things up and try to get me in trouble with the law.
    MrsJones likes this.
  2. Nickl

Nickl Member

I understand. I've tried to contact her and she just ignores me. So now I've realized that she doesn't care enough to even say anything. Not even a leave me alone. I'm walking away for good now. I don't need this in my life.
    MrsJones likes this.
  3. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

@Nickl if this has been going on for a long time then yes let it go. I'm sorry that things are not working out the way you have hoped and it hurts but I agree with @LovesBigFool and it can be said many ways but bottom line is it's your decision. We are here to support you.
    Nickl likes this.
  4. Nickl

Nickl Member

I really appreciate all of the support this has been a hard few months. But it has been going on for awhile. She's been using for almost a year and has been off and on for years. I have to give up now
    MrsJones likes this.
  5. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Your friend is not in her right mind since the drugs have robbed her of reason. Well you can continue to support her by seeking help from friends and family or asking an institution to assist you. If you abandon her, she might completely lose herself. Always remember, though, that you're not alone. Help her but don't help her on your own.
  6. Nickl

Nickl Member

She doesn't want my help anymore. It's probably for the best at this point.
    MrsJones likes this.
  7. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Community Champion

Heroin is a life-destroying evil drug Nikki, and the friends and family of addicts often suffer as much as the person addicted. I lost a very close friend to heroin many years ago, and the lying and deceit is something that I became very familiar with. I'm sorry you have been put through this, but I think your friend needs more support and help than you can give her alone. If you can get her to see a doctor about her addiction they may be able to help her get off heroin, but she needs to really want to give it up herself before she ever has a chance of doing so. Does she look after her children on her own, or does someone else, or you help her look after them ?
    Nickl likes this.
  8. Nickl

Nickl Member

At one point she claimed she wanted help I took her to try and get help then she disappeared. The father of the kids has them on the weekdays. She normally has them on the weekend. But she's been living from house to house all being homes that have drug addicts living there. Also her prostituting out of.
  9. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Community Champion

I hate to say it, but it sounds as if she doesn't want to stop using heroin, which means she has virtually no chance of doing so unless she ends up in prison or is forced to get clean. Its clearly caused you a great deal of heartache Nickl and I think you've done everything a good friend could do to try to help her, but she just doesn't want help right now. I'm glad at least that her children are not completely dependent on her and have some stability in their lives. Above all Nickl, think of yourself first, because you've done everything you can for her at the moment and its caused you a lot of pain. When she really wants to give up I hope she can find a friend as good as you've been to her in order to help her.
    MrsJones and Nickl like this.
  10. Nickl

Nickl Member

Thank you I hope when she wants to get help she has someone like me also. The only friends she really has are all drug addicts also
    Steve Dawson likes this.
  11. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

Your friend sounds like my mom but whenever she is consumed by a demon it seems like. Whenever we are trying to talk to her and help her, she would scream and not listen at all... Whenever people are in this some sort of trance, it is very, very hard to break their shell and make reason to them.
  12. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Well you should open your eyes and not just blindly believe everything that she says. She is lying to you about using drugs so that she won't get sick. In reality, she's using it because she's already addicted to it! Don't trust her and convince her to go to rehab as soon as possible.
  13. Belovedad

Belovedad Active Contributor

You have to be straight forward with her. Don't believe everything she says off the bat. At the end of the day, right now she only wants one thing and will do and say anything to get it. Be more strict with her and you might be able to convince her to stop for real.
  14. aimeep80

aimeep80 Senior Contributor

As hard as it is you walking away is probably the absolute best thing for not only YOU but for her as well. She says she wants sobriety..but her actions say otherwise. Seems she is using you to get what she wants sadly. But do understand that addiction is an illness and so she is NOT in the right state of mind. I hope things work out for her and she finds sobriety. Take care of yourself and do not let her manipulate you.
  15. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

She uses the drug not to get sick? Well, that not a good idea. I think that it's just the excuse to take the drug. I think you should tell her about the dangers of the addiction of heroin. You should motivate her that she can leave the drug if she wants. The drug really brainwashes the mindset of the people and the mind will always crave for the drug. You can reverse help mindset and I am sure you will be able to do it. Trust in God and God will help you. You can really help her. Show her some success stories on the Internet and help her to stay completely clean.
  16. bhu

bhu Active Contributor

Hello and welcome to the group. Thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad you recognize your friend has a very serious problem. As others have said above, she needs professional help before you try to share a home. You could also look into counseling and NarAnon meetings for your own well being. Friends of people living with addiction can experience symptoms like low self esteem, anxiety and depression, among others. Make sure you take care of yourself. And let us know how things are going for both of you.
  17. djolem

djolem Senior Contributor

A heroin addict is one of the most dangerous ones. I have seen this from the first row or second. My cousin was an addict and generally in the place where I live the number of registered heroin users is 3rd in whole Europe according to population or percentage. Anyway, they will do and say anything. They lie to themselves all the time why not the rest of us. I don't judge them. It is their choice but it is also the truth that you should never believe a heroin addict.