An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is laughter a natural result of smoking up?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by Hiraeth, May 5, 2015.

1. Jack Wallace

Jack Wallace Senior Contributor

Smоking is nоt а сhеаp vеnturе in аny wаy, shаpе оr fоrm. But it sееms thаt thе priсе tаg оn а pасk оf сigаrеttеs hаrdly dеtеrs mаny frоm pаrtаking in thе асtivity, еvеn in thе fасе оf hаrsh есоnоmiс timеs. Аlthоugh thе priсе tаg оf а singlе pасk оf сigаrеttеs mаy nоt bе intimidаting еnоugh fоr thоsе еxpеriеnсing thе rеlаxing еffесts оf smоking, mаybе а lооk аt thе оvеrаll соst оf thе hаbit wоuld mаkе sоmеwhаt оf аn impасt
  2. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

NOPE, never,not even once. And yes, I've seen my fiance smoking some really strong weed, the kind you only find in Amsterdam and nothing like that happened. He just seemed so incredibly lost and confused, he later told me there were times he couldn't hear a thing and that things suddenly seemed much bigger and taller than him and so on. It was scary! We got lost! But in the end we found our way back home.
  3. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Active Contributor

No, not at all I know some people that do not laugh at all and they smoke like 1 pack per day, that's totally insane and when you think about what you said if someone smoked 1 pack per day they would be easily drowned in their own sea of laughter. My sister whom laughs a lot all day, every single day has never ever had an encounter with a cigar and it doesn't define whether she laughs or not. That's my opinion though.
  4. DPowerz

DPowerz Member

The first time I ever smoked I laughed for like 3 hours,which made everybody with me laugh too. I've never really laughed as much as I did since. Perhaps because it was a new sensation or maybe it was a really strong strain. It definitely makes you feel uninhibited and more relaxed. I always enjoyed the "high" from smoking more so than drinking. I would have been nice to have smoked the stuff that makes Me laugh before I quit.
  5. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

It can be for different people. For some people it will really make you laugh and can be a big symptom as well as a food craving but for some, you may probably not laugh.
  6. Okaviator

Okaviator Senior Contributor

There are multiple versions of getting high. Some people will feel depressed, while I just feel happy and hungry.
  7. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

That's exactly the problem, it's not one pack of cigarettes that will be the problem. It's the daily pack that can really have a bad effect on your wallet.
  8. GenevB

GenevB Community Champion

I believe laughter to be the natural response to CNS relaxation which occurs while smoking marijuana, people simply feel better and start to laugh out of every single thing, no matter how common or stupid it might be.
  9. CarolinaV

CarolinaV Member

I would say it depends on what strain of marijuana you use. You have two main strains: Indica, known to give users a more mellow mood; and Sativa, known for its more energetic/euphoric effects. There are aso hybrids which are mix of the two strains. I would say that your friend probably smoked Sativa or a hybrid with a higher percentage of Sativa. Of course, the social setting you're in will also affect your high so if you're alone and relaxing you are less likely to have the "giggles" than if you're in a group of friends or at a party.
  10. ChristianRO

ChristianRO Member

I have learned that smoking pot doesn't necessarily make you laugh. For me, it only augments my feelings. If I am sad, I become sadder, if I am happy, I laugh for one good hour. It really depends on your mood and environment.

Another thing I learned myself is that once you smoke frequently, you have to put more weed in order to get the same feeling. In other words, you get a tolerance, so smoking it daily is not the best idea.