An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is lazyness an addiction?

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Tsky45, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

In my opinion, this can't become an addiction - in the worst case, it could become a habit, but not an addiction. Believe me, I am the most introverted person alive who hates going out with people and doing things, but after I stay inside for a couple of days (weeks...?) I just feel the urge to go outside and socialize a bit. Or just go outside for a walk. I hate being a couch potato (I also hate watching TV and eating snacks separately).
  2. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Laziness isn't an addiction in my opinion. It's a way of life or a mentality. People just don't want to do things and just lie around. They certainly don't get any pleasure from it aside from escaping their chores so that they can sleep for example. I think it just all boils down to how hardworking a person is or not.
  3. Coolkidhere

Coolkidhere Community Champion

I realise that laziness is a way of life of some people. I know of friends that still have their mom laundry their clothes even if they're old enough already. Some people are just brought up this way without a handle of responsibility for themselves. Others are just not used to moving and has to rely on other people to do their tasks for them. Those who have grown up enduring hardships are more likely to be persistent. I find that giving everything and doing everything for a child makes him or her lazy.
  4. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

No lazy is not an addiction but it can become a regular thing if you get used to it. It would be hard to speed up your system and to get it the jump/kick it needs to get everything going. Many believe it is addict able but that is simply just a theory.
  5. 6up

6up Community Champion

If one is lazy then that is just a choice instead of being an addiction. It means that you have somebody who work so that you can get food and clothing, daily. If your parents do give you money, then that can contribute to your laziness. If you do not have the money then you will have to get up and find a job.
  6. pstrong1969

pstrong1969 Community Champion

Actually laziness is one of the Seven Deadly Sins-Its called Sloth. Depressed people become lazy because they lack energy and motivation to get moving. I would say its a character flaw or defect. Im on diability so i dont do as much as i would like. Ive came to terms with that. It took a long time to get used to not working. By Human nature man is lazy, we like the easy route. If you compare how civilization lived 150 yrs. ago to now. People of today wouldnt survive. You didnt eat if you didnt go out and hunt for your food. Modern day man has came along way, but its caused us to be lazy.