An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is LSD still around?

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Sparkster, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

When I was walking through my local town a few days ago, I overheard someone mention their intention on buying some LSD that day which kind of surprised me. Although when I was in my late teens and early twenties, everyone was taking acid tabs and the stuff was everywhere, it seems to have become extremely rare in this area over the course of the last decade or so. I could probably tell you some quite bizarre and rather frightening things that have happened because of people using LSD but having said that, many of the people I know who used it back in those days seem to be perfectly health mentally now. Is, perhaps, LSD becoming popular again?
  2. serenity

serenity Community Champion

3. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Community Champion

LSD is definitely still around. It seems to be popular with high school kids. I remember being in high school and it being a really big deal. A lot of the kids I knew were looking to have spiritual experiences, but I have a feeling that was an excuse to drop acid.
  4. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

I think that no matter how old a drug is, there always be someone who is using this drug, I guess that it's like marijuana, or heroine who were really popular on the 60-70's, but as far as I know, LSD still around.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

Here in the UK, LSD is definitely still one of the more popular recreational drugs and while I think people are under the impression that its use is on the decrease, I think it's just as popular as its ever been.
  6. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Can confirm that yes, there's still plenty of it about in the UK. When I was younger, it was cheap (like a pound or two), readily available and you could usually hide the fact you were off your face from your family!

We just don't hear too much about it in the media as it isn't addictive and seems to cause few social issues.
  7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

It's still relatively popular in Europe, though I haven't heard a lot about it since I grew up. In my teen years everyone was talking about LSD and drugs, I guess it isn't as popular nowadays.
  8. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Community Champion

This is super correct. Drugs seem to make their rounds in popularity. Marijuana isn't going anywhere, that's for sure. I don't see LSD or any other drug falling off the face of the planet either. I wonder what this era's most popular drug will be.
  9. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

As far as I know it's still around here too, but like @missbishi mentioned it doesn't seem to have the outward appearance of creating any social problems either - I think these days here, things like meth tend to get most of the coverage because it seems to be the biggest thing here that is creating social issues.
  10. Sparkster

Yep, it was really the UK scene that I was wondering about. I'm usually up on all these sorts of things but I haven't heard of even a single person taking LSD in about 15 years now! Except for the other day, that is. I guess it must be doing the rounds in my area again. Of course, magic mushroom season has only just passed too and there are plenty of those things growing in the wild in the UK.

You're probably right there. I think the main focus in the UK at the moment is on Mephedrone (MCat) which seems to be the most popular drug of choice. Oddly enough, there is still amphetamine around and it causes many problems yet the focus seems to be on Mephedrone which a lot newer and a lot more popular, even though there is little evidence to support some of the scare tactics that are being used to deter people away from it. Yet speed seems to be very rarely mentioned despite the fact it's also popular amongst heroin users.
  11. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

I really love that everyone is open on this site and we can all discuss what is happening. I do think that LSD is still around and I know that my younger sister used it. I was terrified when she told me she used it.
  12. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Isn't that a good question. I don't think so. The stories about it are outlandish. I've talked about it in here a bit cause I have a friend who use to have a problem with it. Amazingly enough now she is a pretty educated person. Her stories about the delusions and hallucinations are something. Seeing huger than life size animals that weren't really there.
    The CIA has had some interactions with LSD among a whole slew of other drugs. They'd use a ton of it to wipe out an agents memory. It was used on civilians in experiments. They used it with Mind Control projects on people who had no idea. Look it up there is tons of information online about it.
  13. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

It unfortunately is. It's one of those nasty little drugs that never got really popular but has always been around and probably always will be. It's also unfortunately another drug that's glorified in our culture.
  14. Sparkster

Thanks for that. Being a researcher and writer on many conspiracy theories, I'm already familiar with the CIA's Project MK-ULTRA mind control research program. Not only did they test LSD on both soldiers and civilians but they also carried out other horrific tests using certain methods of torture. Whilst the documents have been declassified and released, the operation was highly illegal. That was in 1953. In 1981, the Director of the CIA at the time (William Casey) said "We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the Amercian public believes is false."
  15. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

Where I live it has never been popular. Most people abuse low-quality street drugs, and I'm talking about those who are made by regular people with no knowledge about Chemistry at all. If you ask random people on the streets about it, there is a high chance that they've never heard of the drug. Only the young ones are familiar to it. I don't know how much, though.
  16. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Yes people still do that and other forms of acid. Mostly older people who still haven't grown up.
  17. kgord

kgord Community Champion

You never hear much about LSD here in the states anymore. It is a drug that is a bit on the dangerous side...so I think people are not as keen to use it here, but that doesn't keep them from doing other crazy making substances like bath salts, meth...and PCP. Umm, if I had to choose between those I would choose LSD...not that I am about to!! Perish the thought.
  18. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I haven't heard much about it lately. I thought this was from the 70's. I hope this doesn't make a come back, but I don't know if it's any worse then what's out right now. But even in the 90's people weren't talking about LSD. I don't even know if people make this anymore, you probably over heard people talking about the hippy days or something.
  19. Sparkster

This stuff has definitely been around since the hippy days. I used to take it regularly myself when I was in my twenties. That was in the late 1990's and early 2000's so I know that there was still plenty of the stuff around in the UK during that time. It's also not very difficult to make and, of course, in the UK we have magic mushroom season every year and they seem to still be quite popular as they grow naturally and are very easy to find. Magic mushrooms can also be used to make trips without having to use LSD.
  20. oraclemay

oraclemay Community Champion

I am sure it is still around but not used that much anymore. There are so many other variations of drugs in use that the younger people have no need for LSD.