An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is marijuana free in your place?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by Vinaya, Mar 11, 2016.

1. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

Nope Marijuana is still banned in my state and probably will be for many years to come until it becomes legal like the other states.
  2. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Community Champion

LOL I thought you meant "free" as in "costs nothing".

That would definitely be a double-edged sword, no doubt!
  3. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

That's interesting. I too am curious about where in the world you live. Down here in Barbados it's illegal but it doesn't stop people doing their thing - buying, selling. using openly etc. As the world changes people are becoming more relax. I know some who've been charged, imprisoned etc, but they go right back at it every time.
  4. Villiam

Villiam Member

This it really quite interesting. I would not think that this would be possible in a place like the United States. Here, this system would not work because people would stock up when it is openly available, and then consume it at other inappropriate times. Using it openly however does eliminate some of the negative associations that marijuana usually comes with.
  5. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

Not in Hawaii. It is still illegal. Not sure if they have medical Marijuana, but I'm sure they do prescribe it. The only way you can get it for free is to grow it yourself or be close friends with someone that grows it.
  6. Here in California, marijuana it's illegal unless you're prescribed to it, I believe. They are trying to legalize it, from what I read off the internet. I think the reason is because marijuana is not a harmful drug. No one has ever died from it, from what I've read and heard.
  7. DPowerz

DPowerz Member

It is still illegal here in The US nearly everywhere I've lived. But no where is it ever free. Unless You've got an exceedingly addicted relative who upon arrival at his house tells You "Don't worry about it cuz, I'm gunna smoke anyway." Which always worked out great for me since I went to his house for exactly that purpose. I doubt it will ever become legal, but Stoners can dream......
  8. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Active Contributor

No, how can it possible be free at my place? Do you even realize what you just asked? There's no place where the weed is free whatsoever, it's really expensive and really lucrative to either legal and iilegal companies dealing with such products, etc.
  9. LoveEcho

LoveEcho Community Champion

I'm pretty sure the original poster meant legalized not free.
  10. ConorMcGregor

ConorMcGregor Member

You all have one day that you can freely smoke marijuana? That's pretty interesting. I'm in America, and there are some states that have now legalized marijuana, but I am not in one. You will get a ticket/fine or go to jail depending on the officer and how much you have on you.