An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is Marijuana Legal Where You're From

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by rcdpink, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Emerson_B

Emerson_B Active Contributor

I'm from the Philippines and it is illegal here. I for one am not against legalizing it but it is not something that is a priority though.
  2. explorerx7

explorerx7 Senior Contributor

It's not legal in my country. However if you are caught with a small portion that could probably make a spliff ( something the size of a cigarette for smoking) you would be given a ticket fine, any amount that is greater than the ticket size, you could be fined and jailed for it.
  3. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Active Contributor

It's illegal in my country but I definitely think it should be legal, for everyone out there who thinks it's bad or you have seen someone else suffer because of it, there are 100s of other factors that influence it. many people try to mix other drugs with it. I've seen 100s of people becoming successful even with constant usage and let's face it, it's organic. Why should I bother if someone abuses it. Anything comes with responsibility. Banning things are never the answer.
  4. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Nope. Marijuana is not legal here in my country and it's not even being considered as a medical drug yet. And I think it will be a long time before it even does get considered.
  5. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

No it's not legalized yet in Massachusetts and I am happy it is not yet. I couldn't stand the smell of weed.
  6. Okaviator

Okaviator Senior Contributor

Where I live in Canada it is currently illegal. That's why Justin Trudeau is currently trying to unban it.
  7. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

At the moment Marijuana is illegal here but as there's still some talk that medical marijuana might be legalized. I'm not against that. It's recreational marijuana which I think shouldn't be legalized. But one person's opinion can't change anything. I just hope that when the time comes for legalization or considering it, they should do the right thing and legalize only medical marijuana.
  8. Eleanor

Eleanor Member

It's not legal in my country, but here's the thing:

Everytime a politician is in a tight spot or the economy is visibly going down the gutter, they say they'll legalise it. As I see it, they treat marijuana like a gateway to get the people to forget and be numb to whatever is going on out there. "Bread and circuses" as the romans called it: a method to keep unhappy roman citizens from revolting. Coincidentally in N. Korea marijuana plants grow freely by the side of the road and the people are encouraged to smoke marijuana over tobacco products (although that might also have to do with the fact that they have to import tobacco).

I strongly believe in its medical applications but I think "smoking to forget" will only harm my country, which desperately need to have active politicaly involved citizens if we want to get out of this crisis anytime before the next century.
  9. ChloeDawn

ChloeDawn Active Contributor

Marijuana is not legal in my area just yet. I hope that it becomes legal soon. I think that if it can be used to relieve the pain and chronic illnesses, people should be able to use it when they want.
  10. FRonquillo35

FRonquillo35 Member

I live in Arizona where it is currently legal to use medicinally; however, there is a proposition on the ballot to be voted on in a little over a week that seeks to legalize it recreationally. There are a lot of benefits to medical marijuana. On the flip side, I believe that our neighbors in Colorado have seen a lot of negative consequences from the legalization of marijuana so I think we should give it more time before we take the next step here.