An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is my son doing harder drugs than marijuana?

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Helpmeplease, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease Member

My 18 year old son smokes weed and openly discusses it. While I hate that he does this I’ve always been grateful to at least know what’s going on. There has been some recent changes in his behavior that have me very concerned he is doing more than just marijuana. Symptoms include:

Not changing his clothes for 2 week straight

Tiny red bumps all over both of his legs that are scabbed over (30 on each leg)

Decrease in appetite

Extreme lazyness and lack of social interaction

Sudden Aggressive behavior

He spent about an hour in the shower the other day and when he got out the picture attached was in my toilet. It was very tar like and hard to clean. I had to scrub the toilet for about 10 minutes before I got it out.

He doesn’t have injection marks anywhere that I can see and has never been able to swallow pills.

Help me! Does this sound like he might be doing something other than weed? If so what could it be?

Attached Files:

2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Helpmeplease... I'm sorry to hear about the changes in your son's behavior. Could he be doing harder drugs than pot? Absolutely. But it's pretty hard to say for sure based on the information you've provided. One thing to be aware of: People can do drugs like heroin or meth without injecting. Lots of people snort those drugs. Your son's behavior changes do seem indicative of some kind of problem. What about depression? Is that a possibility? Most of the stuff you described is very common in people suffering from severe depression.
    Dominica and stifleddad like this.
  3. stifleddad

stifleddad Member

im sorry to hear this about your son. i think my son has other experiences than weed
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  4. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Helpmeplease i'm sorry to hear that your son is struggling..... is he receptive to you sitting down and having a calm and sincere heart to heart conversation? do you think he'll open up to anyone about what's really going on?

i hope he's able to stop doing whatever drugs he is using...i pray for him to be able to open up and reach out for help...and i pray for you too.

know that we are here for you if you need.
    deanokat likes this.
  5. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@stifleddad I'm sorry to hear you think your son has experience substances other than weed,can you maybe give a bit more info?I hope and pray your doing well as well as your son
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  6. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@stifleddad... We're here to help and support you. If you want to let us know more about your son's situation, we'd be happy to discuss it with you. Maybe start a new thread in the "What Brings You Here?" section?
    True concern likes this.