An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is there a difference between craving and addiction?

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by gustbaiderment, Jun 25, 2015.

1. True concern

True concern Moderator

I use to believe the same but don't hate me my views have changed
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  2. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

I like your respectful way of disagreeing. What changed your mind?
    True concern likes this.
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

A lifetime of struggling, digging,trying to uncover the root of the problem instead of just accepting it was and always will be
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  4. Joshstillclean

I still believe it's an illness but I do not agree that once one always one.
    True concern likes this.
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

And depression is mental health my friend so you kinda need to pick one here.No pressure I'm just saying, just trying to heal beside you not in front or behind you...side by side like people who truly care for one another as humans that have been fighting for so very long
  6. True concern

True concern Moderator

Where did your post go?it's gone but doesn't say it was deleted or am I just blind and missing it?
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

Found it lol,just blind I guess
  8. True concern

True concern Moderator

Don't trip brother your point is very valid and is the global understanding of addiction, you don't have to change your opinion I'm just giving you a hard time
  9. Joshstillclean

Just wondering why you said pick one what you meant? I'm ho,eatly confused.
  10. True concern

True concern Moderator

If it'd a disease than its a disease,but if it'd triggered by depression or anger,or emptiness,etc than its a mental health issue,which would mean treat mental health and get the individual stable and confident again and the desire to use drug's will dissipates thing's in life will suddenly be going 100 % better than before.JUST MY OPINION
  11. Joshstillclean

I think there's a misunderstanding here. I do think both are disorders.
    True concern likes this.
  12. True concern

True concern Moderator

I guess it depends on the individual. I personally would never call a disease a disorder,but I would call a mental health issue a disorder.Brother listen it's just my opinion and according to the world and addiction the way it's currently understood you are correct and i am wrong so again just my own opinion
  13. Joshstillclean

What I'm trying to say is I think I'm agreeing with u.