An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is there a difference in methadone tablet and liquid??

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Caseyb, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Caseyb

Caseyb Member

I'm currently in a methadone program I get a liquid dose. In the past I have taken the tablets. Can anyone with this experience give me some feedback please....I want this program to work but I'm have alot of "down" days. Just need a ear I guess.
    Davers likes this.
  2. Davers

Davers Community Champion

I've found it's really all a matter of ones opinion, some like liquid better some like wafers better.
    I have only taken liquid a few times & def, prefer the tablets cause i'm able to save some long term in case of an emergency .

How long have you been taking the M -Done ?
    Caseyb likes this.
  3. Caseyb

Caseyb Member

Been on the liquid almost 8 months. The tabs I got off the street from ppl with scripts. It's like the effect if totally different. With the liquid I feel fine until I eat then it's like I'm super tired.
    When I took the tabs I could eat and I still felt the same. Not high just the normal feeling. I never took no more than 30-40 mg daily. It's just confusing how much of a difference there is and it's supposed to be the same medication.
  4. Caseyb

Caseyb Member

I no longer take the tablets cuz no one gets them anymore that I know
  5. Davers

Davers Community Champion

I've found it's really all a matter of ones opinion, some like liquid better some like wafers better.
    I have only taken liquid a few times & def, prefer the tablets cause i'm able to save some long term in case of an emergency .

How long have you been taking the M -Done ?

Yea getting the pills depends on the clinic , as I stated on yr other post , can you change clinics , but I suppose if you live in a rural area the choices would be slim .

If you can get down to 30 or 20 mg a day you could switch to subxone , if it's available ?

Yr rite Dr's don't want to give methadone as a pain killer much anymore ..heck cause many Dr's did not understand how it works , I only know of 2 people who got it from their pain Dr's & they did not work out well .

I'm feeling a bit off this AM , but Ill chime in later better if you have more questions .

Oh,, are you posting from a phone ?

just wondering can on smaller screens my long posts can be much harder to understand , sorry bout that.
    Later
  6. Kattedjiron

Kattedjiron Member

Hey, it's a year apart, and I'm curious to know how you feel after all this time?

My doctor prescribed me liquid Tramadol, and I’m not sure how I should feel about it. I understand that it’s helpful for me, but I’m scared a little bit because I’ve taken only tablets, and it seems lighter than liquid. Don’t you know, am I right, or am I worried about things I shouldn't worry about? He suggested getting it here - https://2rok.se/koper-tramadol/.

Also, have you noticed some side effects after the methadone? I should ask my doctor about it.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021