An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is this behavioral therapy good for alcohol addiction?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Jane101, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Jane101

Jane101 Member

Hi, my hubby is addicted to alcohol. We don't have a child and we are too much worried about this. Actually, it was because of my problem. We have undergone IVF treatment. But it failed two times. The doctors have still hope and they assured it. My hubby has lost all the hope. He started drinking to forget his worries. But I am worried. He completely forgot me. Nowadays, his days starts and ends with drinks. I don't know how to control him. His friends and relatives advised him, but he didn't listen to their words. My uncle suggested a clinic. His brother has undergone this treatment. I have discussed this treatment with our parents. They are also supporting me to take him there. But before going for this treatment, I would like to know the expenditure of this course. Also, I would like to know the experiences of others who have undergone this treatment. Please help me with your replies.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Jane101 hi there. we don't allow links here to specific places.. i want to say behavioral treatment can work to change behaviors... i'd do some research online as far as the particular program or clinic.... if his brother has been through it and it helped him, it could help others too... you can also call the clinic and talk to someone there... ask them the questions you have...