An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Is Vaping A Better Alternative

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by elite1fl, Jan 28, 2015.

1. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Active Contributor

I think there's a lot of information to come in yet but from the experience in our household vaping is a better alternative to smoking tobacco. The cost savings along is worth looking into. The smell of cigs is gone, my wife's car smells better as do her clothes. She has more energy because she can breath better and she's sleeping better due to not coughing all night. We will all see as more research and tests are done over the years.
  2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

Ecig are lesser of the two evils. It is not a better option. You don get the same amount of harmful chemicals like smoking cigarettes but it's still not healthy.
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I'm entirely convinced if theses so called e-cigs are any better or not. I know loads of people that have switched to them but they also smoke nomal cigs aswell. As a way to cut down i think they could help but not to stop completely.
    I don't know how much testing has been done on these either, i'm not sure how better off they actually are for you than normal cigarettes.
  4. Fateswing

Fateswing Member

I recently began vaping and have found it has helped me significantly with my nicotine addiction. Where I used to feel like I absolutely had to finish a whole cigarette on every break at work or drive home, now I just take a couple puffs from my vape pen and am satisfied. I don't feel as physically sluggish or dependent when vaping either. When smoking cigarettes, my teeth became stained, I was often times lightheaded, and I felt overall tired throughout my day. Now that has changed. Am curious if some of you have tried the different strengths of nicotine? The store I go to offers, 13mg to 11 mg to 5mg to none as options for every kind of smoker out there!