An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

It can and does happen

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by True concern, Mar 18, 2020.

1. True concern

True concern Moderator

There is no one person who has put it all out there on this site the way I have.I lost everything but my stubborn asss has said from day 1 I WILL NEVER GIVE UP!Even to myself these words seemed profound as they seemed to be a lie and unrealistic....Yet I posted on,continued to see the Dr (For my head)No lie and finally after many years...I talked to my grandkids,got pictures sent to me of each and I owe it all to first God second lithium which has at this time crippled my Bi-polar disorder....So I say to you all struggling with addiction SEE A PSYCHIATRIST but be 100% honest or they can't be effective in your lives.I lost a marriage of 20 year's because I was an ignorant, stubborn, FTW,Asshole and once they vananished like steam off the mirror after a shower...i decided...I decided I was REALLY gonna fight, not for my life....but for their lives!Analyze that statement for a min......What we absolutely love we neglect!Now look at you're dope sack and ask yourselves...Is this love?The confusion should be setting in.You love the high but not the dope....so how do we find a center without the love of the high?It's a tricky question to answer,often involves INTENSE EMOTIONAL PAIN...And I understand sticking that gram in you're arm...ive done it and it left me chasing what I truly love,put me in fits of rage that scare most human's but alas for myself it took (God-Lithium-A voice-some photos)And love rang in my ear's,my heart,my soul.....For several year's I've posted all my pain and sorrow but not tonight.The family I lost picked up the phone,sent some photo's, made me cry.....ALOT.And I've never been happier.Each person's struggle is unique to the circumstances around them,each different in various ways but as I've stated before....HOLD YOU'RE HEAD'S HIGH,REPRESENT EFFORT OTHER SIGH AT,AND TAKE YOU'RE LIVES BACK,YOU ARE NOT LESS THAN RATHER MORE THAN....YOU KEPT FIGHTING AS OTHER'S POINTED AND JUDGED....AS YOU ACHIEVE LET THEM REMAIN THERE POINTING,PUSH HARDER,FARTHER,BEYOND WHAT THEY COULD EVER IMAGINE AND WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED PICKING YOURSELVES UP...GO BACK TO THOSE WHO WERE POINTING AND OFFER THEM HELP!!!!!!!!!YOU CAN,WILL,MUST DEFEAT THAT BAG.....FU*K THAT BAG.I BELIEVE IN YOU,WE ALL DO..BELIEVE IN YOURSELVES BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE THE LOVE IS....
    STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Your friend and cheffy like this.
  2. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

COOL! I'm sure there's still lots of hard work to do, but, absolutely WONDERFUL!
    True concern likes this.
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

My friend it's a start however I had to fix my head before I could try to make amends or patch my life back together so....baby steps for sure,I'm not delusional about the size of the mountain in front of me.
  4. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

As @Onceaddicted77 said in another post this boredom has gotten me thinking bad stuff. My gram sack is a mountain a four wheeler could not drive over. Don't have one in front of me but i needed to hear that.
    Onceaddicted77 and True concern like this.
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

Ya all this free time has definitely caused me some issues.. A few nights ago I drank a .750ml bottle of kettle one vodka in 7 hours then a 6 pack of beer..Not proud of it but it happened and I started drunk typing all over the place just talking sh*t and it all stems from this damn isolation.Already here in California been locked down over 5 week's....
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  6. Joshstillclean

Wow...
    I gotta cut back on the stuff..... whatever that is on any given day. However for the record I have still stayed away from the H, V, Coke, and alcohol. Which is why I was in such bad shape when you first met me. Think some fent in there dont remember but I think it was awful enough to be pretty sure.
    I cant be rolling anymore bro, i can put it down but im just not me. I wanna be me.
    Onceaddicted77 and True concern like this.
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

Brother that M will deliver hell on earth,I've warned everyone of its crippling grasp not to hear myself speak...BUT I'VE BEEN THERE
  8. True concern

True concern Moderator

I want you to be you as well brother and I know who you REALLY ARE, I'm patiently waiting and will always be here for you,I don't know how to turn on people and it's caused me alot of heartache in my life.. But so be it,He never promised us pure bliss or a rose garden
    Stay Strong and God Bless you
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  9. Joshstillclean

its defintately become something that i gotta have to get up in the morning. heres the truth, on work days that are heaavy i have one loaded and ready for when my eyes open. then its stick register push and game on, the thing is i my heart rate picks uup pwhen i register, not even pushing yet. but yeah what you said, about my son got to me. thing is hes on a vacation and my mom was exposed so he cant come back as we moved in with them for a while. so hes gotta stay away and its killing me and so im killing myself, not on purpose you know what i mean.
  10. True concern

True concern Moderator

Brother you know I knew what you meant when I crushed you so you could rebuild yourself... I'm guided
  11. True concern

True concern Moderator

Please don't leave I need ten mins but brother he will help me bring you back and when you return you won't leave again
  12. Joshstillclean

ill stay on
  13. True concern

True concern Moderator

14. Joshstillclean

i have a new thread in the meth
    True concern likes this.
  15. True concern

True concern Moderator

I love you @Onceaddicted77 I wish you were a bit more heart than book brother,but you told me long ago you struggle with emotions... Check in you're chest brother you're real and so is you're confort,or uncomfort level.I love you fam and I'll be waiting pm me if necessary but I BELIEVE IN YOU
  16. Your friend

Your friend Member

Keep talking. Thankyou!!