An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

It helps

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by MrsJones, Dec 16, 2014.

1. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

I found this product at a hospital pharmacy. I gave it a try. There are others similar but this one fits my cigarettes perfectly. The back of the carton states the following:

A must for smokers who can't give up. Removes tar and nicotine without changing the cigarette taste. After one week you may even feel the benefit of easier breathing and energy increase. After one month you could easily be amazed of your reduced morning cough. One filter can be used for 4-5 cigarettes.

I can vouch all of this. I have been using them for over a year now.

I went back to buy more and they were sold out and it was weeks before the next order came in. I stocked up. Each carton sold for $1.99 plus tax for 30 pieces.

It may help you to quit smoking or it may not but it will definitely keep some of the harmful chemicals from your lungs. As you can see from the photo.
    securedownload[1].jpg

It's kind of awkward at first but you get use to it
  2. Zyni

Zyni Community Champion

Not to sound snarky or anything like that, but if you've been using them for over a year, how does it help you quit? I get that it lessens the poisons going into your system, but is it helping you smoke less? Do you feel like it's weaning you off cigarettes slowly? I'm being serious. If it actually works to help quit, that would be great.
  3. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

If it can remove the tar and nicotine,well and good.That could go a long way in reducing the harmful effects of cigarettes and the number of diseases and deaths attributed to smoking.
  4. juliaintheclouds

juliaintheclouds Active Contributor

I have seen these around and was always curious about them. I don't smoke real cigarettes anymore, I use an electronic one but I think it can be a good way to practice harm reduction. Do you still feel like you are addicted to nicotine or are is it just physical for you?
    Zyni likes this.
  5. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

Zyni, you don't sound snarky. As it stated in my previous post it's for smokers who can't quit. It doesn't help you quit smoking but for those who are trying to quit it may help them to quit when they see how it works. I myself am not ready to quit smoking but I choose this product rather than the e-cig or vaporing.
  6. Zyni

Zyni Community Champion

Ah, thanks for clarifying MrsJones. I guess I misread. I thought you were trying to quit with these. It does seem like maybe it could help lessen the dependency if it's slowly lessening the amount of nicotine ingested. Thanks for sharing this.
  7. kita

kita Member

I've tried those. Once you see what the filter looks like after use, you will definitely be put off from smoking. I eventually stopped using them, but haven't stopped smoking yet. I find it very difficult to quit even though I know what my lungs must be looking like.