An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

It took a miracle.

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by LovesBigFool, Mar 8, 2016.

1. LovesBigFool

LovesBigFool Active Contributor

I should have known. But I did not.

My drinking became a problem. I was backed into a corner filled with nightmaresh thoughts and feeling. But despite this I did not know I was an alcoholic.

Not until AFTER I became sober. Until that moment (and it was an actual moment of realization that I would never drink again) all I really knew was that I was never going to stop drinking, indeed being really drunk all the time.

If you get the impression that I am not sober because I tried hard or found the right method, you would be correct. I say that realizing that it sounds dangerous. It sounds as if there is no right plan to follow.

I mean there was a miracle. By that I mean a spiritual event.
  2. gracer

gracer Community Champion

Hi @LovesBigFool! Let me be the first to welcome you as a new addition to the forum and thank you for finding the time to share your story with us. :)

A spiritual awakening is something that not many people understand but once it is experienced, the feeling is just so liberating. I am happy that you were able to experience it and it became your way of finding sobriety. Sometimes what one needs is a miracle for him/her to realize what he/she is missing in life and what he/she already has within his/her hands.
    LovesBigFool and MrsJones like this.
  3. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

Hello @LovesBigFool. Welcome and thank you for sharing your story with us. I agree with @gracer wholeheartedly. I myself have had several spiritual events in my life though none having to deal with any substance abuse. I hope that you keep your experience in the front most part of your mind as I do every day.

May I suggest that you share your experiences in the Inspiration forum so that others may be inspired and uplifted by them, myself included.

Again, welcome.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    gracer and LovesBigFool like this.
  4. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

I applaud you @LovesBigFool for sharing, not many people would admit they need a miracle or they had a spiritual intervention. It would be great if you could share your experiences with us so that others can have an open mind towards recovering.
    LovesBigFool likes this.
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@LovesBigFool... Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing with us. I'm glad you found sobriety. Keep doing the next right thing! :)
    LovesBigFool likes this.
  6. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Hi and welcome to the group. Thank you for opening and sharing with us. I know that isn't always an easy thing to do. We are here to support you and help you in any way that you may need! Glad you found us here!
  7. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Just take it one day at a time :) Try not to think that much about it, and focus on the today and how wonderful your life is ever since you stopped drinking. Just enjoy life to the fullest, and don't think that much about the tomorrow :) Let things flow and happen naturally, you will be fine. Kudos for doing what you did!
    deanokat likes this.
  8. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I am happy to welcome you to the forum. I am also happy you found a miracle and pray your story will impact positively on the lives of many.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  9. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

@LovesBigFool Hello and welcome to this forum and thank you for sharing your story which is truly inspiring. God is really good all the time and you are so blessed that you had saw His light that shines on you during your darkest days in your life. God had a nice plan for you and just always believe in His miracles and you can never go wrong again in your life. Continue to be an inspiration to other people by your story. All the best of luck to you!
  10. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

Welcome! to the forum, man! I am glad you joined the forum. I am really sure that a lot of people will gain motivation by reading this story. This story is really motivational and inspirational. I would be very happy if you help the addicts in the forum. So, feel free to create a new thread to inspire people. Keep helping other addicts so that they can live a happy life. :)
  11. bhu

bhu Active Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum. Thanks so much for sharing your story. Spiritual awakenings are something, aren't they? I wish you many more, as well as many more years in which to enjoy and benefit from and share them. Keep coming back and sharing your experience, strength and hope. Peace.
  12. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Good to know that you were able to get rid of the addiction. Right that spiritual awakening or realization can change a person big time. Miracles do happen and sometimes we just have to be aware of it or recognize it our lives.
  13. djolem

djolem Senior Contributor

Being in this situation is something that most of us who had issues with alcohol had at one point. Nothing to follow is very good way to put it. I fought it sometimes and sometimes I didn't want to. I have the need to drink even now but it was since the beginning of 2016 that I haven't drink like I used to and I didn't have too big a problem with this. I am really happy for you and your way to realize what you are and what you need to be.
  14. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@LovesBigFool... How are you doing? If you get a chance, check in with us and let us know how things are going with you. We're always here for you.
  15. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

Wow, this is an amazing history and I'm truly glad that you've found out about your problem, and the most important thing: you have the courage to face it, not a lot of people do that, but you did. Sometimes we just need to get out of our comfort zone to really make a change about us, and you can realize about a lot of things in that way.
    Keep it up, man.
  16. Fyrion

Fyrion Active Contributor

Hey @LovesBigFool , welcome to this humble community. Is really a relief you eventually were able to find your problem's solution. If you path was enlightened by a miracle, then you are very fortunate to count your blessings!

Regads, and looking forward to read more about yo!.
  17. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Active Contributor

Hey there brother, I am so glad to hear that you reached your objectives, I guess that you're feeling super happy with your new life, the free life, because that is what being SOBER means, being happy! Enjoy your stay here and good luck! CONGRATS!
  18. Mara

Mara Community Champion

Hello @LovesBigFool. I'm glad that you're here. Welcome to the community. By the way, I just would like to congratulate you on finding the solution to your problem. Keep at it. :)

Sending you positive vibes.
  19. Bozz

Bozz Active Contributor

Congratulations :)
    The drink affected your decision making and awareness and that wasn't the real you.
    Once you managed to get sober, the real you was there: smart, strong, aware and someone that can make the right decisions.
    Now the right you is in the world, long may he stay and keep getting better :)
  20. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Like you I'd love to know how @LovesBigFool is doing. It's been quite a while since we last heard from him. I pray he's doing well.