New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

It’s all in the details...

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Supernatural, May 14, 2018.

1. Supernatural

Supernatural Member

I joined this community because I walked in on a conversation my parents were having. They were talking about the news story about the opiate epidemic and how it’s totally out of control and how everyone who takes Oxycodone is at risk. What the news reported was an attempt to scare people who have loved ones taking the medication (it had my parents talking). My dad told me to google the topic and I did which led me here and just what I thought the real story is as old as the creation of drugs itself, the news failed to mention that people have been injecting/snorting and mixing other drugs with the medication but the biggest thing the news did not share was that Heroin is an opioid. In recovery is is so irritating having people (like my parents or the news) who don’t know what the heck they are talking about because they are too lazy to research the topic in its entirety . So I am glad that I am not that kind of person and I decided to check out the reports on Opiod abuse on your web link. It was very informing.
    deanokat likes this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Supernatural thanks for your input. Great that you do your research.
    deanokat likes this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I'm glad you found some helpful information here, @Supernatural. Thanks for sharing!