An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

It's MDMA( ecstasy) addictive?

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Diana S., Feb 12, 2016.

1. Diana S.

Diana S. Member

I like taking ecstasy to a good party or when I'm hanging out with my friends, but I can honestly say that I take a large dose once every 3 months so I won't abuse it at all but I have friends who use mdma really often, like once or twice a week. From my perpective, this drug it's amazing but it's not for day to day use.

What experiences do you have with this?
  2. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

It is addictive seeing as people who bring it with them anywhere, particularly in public places, can be apprehended and even land in jail. It's no different from any other drug. It gives you a high and makes you lose reason. There's that artificial sense of euphoria that addles your brain after prolonged intake.
  3. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Yes, it's addictive. However, bear in mind that due to a seizure many years ago it's very difficult to get hold of real MDMA/Ecstasy. For this reason, many manufacturers are now using substances like PMA (Dr Death) and Mephedrone (MCAT) to make it instead. Both these substances can, potentially be lethal. Long term or heavy use of MDMA/Ecstasy is almost guaranteed to cause clinical depression. The high is caused by a boost of serotonin in the brain but causes depletion on the come down resulting in lower serotonin levels than considered healthy. It can also cause problems from either dehydration or from drinking too much water (hyponatremia).
  4. kgord

kgord Community Champion

well bear in mind that people can and have died from taking ectasy, so personally, I think anyone who is using it is taking a foolish chance, but it is up to you. I would let your friends see this thread and decide whether or not they want to continue to use the substance. I mean is any kind of high...worth your life?