An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

I've Decided To Stay On The Site

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, Aug 15, 2019.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

It's been a very emotional few days for me, I have come to a point of freshman status sobriety after so many struggles,so many battles, battles in addiction yes but even beyond that.When I set out on this journey it was for more than myself, I started typing with humanity in mind as well...more specifically human addicts. I spent my 20's in a stupor, I hated myself to the point I projected that hate on others,never physically but verbally quite often in a truly disgraceful way until it all changed,the addiction hung around and I'm still on training wheels as far as sobriety goes but almost 2 1/2 year's ago my heart changed...it simply would not let me hate anymore so here I started my journey,my journey has never been mine alone rather my journey has always been our journey. I shared my failures with the purpose of touching hearts,opening eyes again not for me but I was being the reflection many in the same position needed to see. I believe in my heart that my journey has shown others how deadly this substance abuse thing truly is and in my heart I can't abandon humanity again, I won't. I have decided that I will be here for the new comer who doesn't yet understand the danger they are in if they don't make an attempt to alter course and fight for their lives, I will be here to encourage and advise as best I can with the hopes of helping people see the light that seems to have faded,it faded for me once before as well but I found it again and so can you.

STAY STRONG MY FRIENDS AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL
    Ecantu88, DoxyMom, cheffy and 3 others like this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

so glad to hear this!! i'll pop in too at times... the more, the merrier!

hugs!
  3. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

Very nice, @True concern. Wow, very considerate. Thank you.

One picture is worth a thousand words,
    one addict is worth a thousand fears.
    One promise is worth a thousand days,
    but one failure is worth a thousand tears.

As Paul McCartney so aptly put,

And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.
  4. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

Dang, sounds like an addict must have written that
  5. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Beautiful
    Onceaddicted77 and cheffy like this.
  6. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

:rolleyes:
    True concern and Onceaddicted77 like this.