An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Jodie Sweetin's Sobriety Story

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by kassie1234, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I loved Full House growing up, and I'm really loving the new "Fuller House" remake of the famous show.

Jodie Sweetin who plays Stephanie has opened up about her sobriety and also her battles with addiction and shares a bit about it here:

http://www.today.com/health/jodie-sweetin-opens-sobriety-my-life-lesson-never-give-t83441

"I look back at things that have happened in the past, and I look at where I'm now, and it's crazy," Sweetin recently told Us Weekly. "If anything, my life is a lesson to never give up."

"We all have our demons," Sweetin added. "When we finally learn to let them go, we get to live and be free."
    anorexorcist, bhu and deanokat like this.
  2. L_B

L_B Community Champion

I have always liked her and I was so sad when I heard about her addictions. Sadly it happens to a lot of child stars. I am so glad that she got her life clean and that she can now help others who are going through the same thing. She is an inspiration. I love the new Fuller House. It is great that they brought it back.
  3. kgord

kgord Community Champion

I am glad she is doing so well now and as a parent she is modeling sobriety for her children which is great.
  4. Theboysmom04

Theboysmom04 Member

I think she's just wonderful. We've all had not so proud moments unfortunately those of celebrities are just seen by the world. It's great that she's staying sober and back to work. I wish her only wonderful things in life.
  5. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Nice story, she definitely can serve as an inspiration to all the recovering addicts that being sober is possible if only you put your mind to it. I wish her all the best in life.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  6. bhu

bhu Active Contributor

I loved Full House and Jodie Sweetin. I haven't yet seen Fuller House. However, I read elsewhere about her struggle with addiction. It's exciting to see child stars claim their recovery and help others. Sure beats the alternatives.
    kassie1234 likes this.
  7. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I'm sure it's hard being a child star too - it seems like quite a percentage of them do end up with some sort of addiction issues, or maybe it's just that their stories end up being covered by tabloid media more than the average person's do. Needless to say, you're right that it's great seeing them both recover themselves and assist others to do the same by sharing their stories :)
  8. kgord

kgord Community Champion

She seems to be doing well now. It does seem like addiction hits young Hollywood hard. I guess it is a combination of having to be a little adult, and too much money, maybe too little supervision that does it. I hope she can continue to be a positive force in today's world. I think she wants to be and that is half the battle.
  9. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

Well, I'm glad that she's doing better now and that she decided to share her story, it's definitely inspiring for a lot of people, especially if she's famous. And she's right, the only way that we can destroy our demons is facing them, and showing them that we're stronger.
  10. Novelangel

Novelangel Active Contributor

You know, I'd much rather hear that a celebrity is in recovery and sober, rather than dead from some horrible overdose. That happens more often than we like to think, people who are so famous that they can't deal with it, and end up defeated by addiction to the point where there is no way to come back. Congrats to Ms. Sweetin for her remarkable story.