An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Just tried heroin...

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by rightct, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Thejamal

Thejamal Active Contributor

Why not get a puppy? Go Skydiving? Travel? Basically anything other than doing a drug that can seriously harm your health and lead to a variety of problems down the line.

You're of course welcome to do whatever you'd like with your own life, but I honestly can't comprehend that someone would willingly try such a dangerous drug simply because they're bored. How do you even arrive at that conclusion of "You know what, there's nothing left for me to try except heroin."
  2. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 Senior Contributor

That's a very bad choice, dude.
  3. rightct

rightct Community Champion

I know I made a mistake, you don't have to forcefully make me see it; I am aware of what I did, I know it was oblivious, but I don't regret my curiosity. It was a nice sensation, and I'm not doing it again, ever.
    People have this perception of others that take drugs as desperate and futile people for society, but there are people, like I've already mentioned, who want to experience something new. Not because they're not aware of the risks, or because others misled or threatened them to do it. It's pure curiosity, and if you don't experience it at least once in your lfietime, then you will surely not be able to understand my momentary intentions.
  4. henry

henry Community Champion

I don't want to change the subject in question, but I'm just too curious about everything not to ask and just let it pass me by. I know that to some of you I will sound like a dork when I ask, but what the hell is "spice"? To tell the truth, I've never heard of it before.
  5. rightct

rightct Community Champion

It's essentially synthetic marijuana. It gives you a more effective sensation than marijuana, but it's not as healthy as it is, and if you consume it on a daily basis, you will have health issues to deal with.
    If you want to try it, it's at your own risk... but I personally don't advise you to do so.
  6. fagoot1

fagoot1 Member

Well that's too great. It's better to stay away from that nasty drug.
    Thank god you didn't like it.
    Winterybella likes this.
  7. Zyni

Zyni Community Champion

What the... Seriously?

"Oh, hey, I just thought I'd go try some heroin." Really?

Why on earth would you do that?
  8. henry

henry Community Champion

Never heard of that one before. No, I won't try it, I was just curious. The only things I still do is smoke and drink. No more drugs. Thanks for the reply., it's always good to know new things.
  9. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I think some people can be cuirous about herion and may hear good things how it made me smart or it helps me out in my life, and others may want to try it out as well. I think you are lucky to be alive and well, and have learnt a lesson that taking drugs is not a good way to a healthy lifestyle and does the opposite. I reckon, that sometimes people see movies and see they are normal and not being affected by the drugs and also think it is a nice thing to do only when it affects them do they wake up and see the bad affects of it occuring.
  10. oraclemay

oraclemay Community Champion

I really don't think plain curiosity or any reason is a good one to try out heroin. I knew someone who died the first time she inhaled it. Her lungs closed and she dropped dead within minutes. She had never taken a drug in her life and she never got to experience how it felt. It is not worth it as you never know how your system will react.
  11. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

I know someone whose lungs collapsed after consuming marijuana through a bong and very nearly died as a result. It just goes to show how marijuana can sometimes be just as dangerous as other harder drugs. Granted, it wasn't the first time he used it and it was from repeated use but the risk is there.

Now that you've had that experience and know what it's like, presumably already knowing the dangers and risks associated with Heroin, you don't ever have to try it again. Boredom, or looking for what's next or thinking that there is nothing else left to try is simply wrong. There are literally millions of other experiences to be had in life, it really depends what route you decide to take.

I, myself, have recently managed to achieve a state of higher consciousness and I can tell you - it's a better high than any drug will ever give you and it can change your life for the better in unbelievable ways. Open your mind to New Thought and then you'll get to experience the ultimate and only completely safe high there is.
  12. princepts

princepts Member

Chalk yourself up as fortunate for the absence of euphoria. Now, take heed to what I am going to say. RUN! Trust me my friend, it is killing people on a daily basis. It serves no fruitful or noble purpose. Your next act of blind ignorance may put a fatal hook in you. Run now.
    Zyni likes this.
  13. grandmaof4

grandmaof4 Member

Some many good responses to this. Yes, please run and do not ever let your curiosity get the best of you over anything that will put you or others in danger.
  14. whitenoise

whitenoise Senior Contributor

Then I don't think that what you have consumed is heroin. Where did you buy it and from who? Maybe if it was your friend it was a joke to protect you? I'm not an expert but could be that you have missed something during the process of administration.
  15. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I could not have said it better myself? Rightct, I am no expert by any means but I feel like Rightct did the wrong thing here . Still I want to thank him for not doing it again. I can think of lot of other things you can experiment with that don't come with the same risk Rightct. I noticed in the OP you mentioned your "friends".......:confused::confused:.

Please understand that even though some of us might sound like we are beating you up, it's not that....we just care and want the best for you. No more experimenting with drugs please... Much love to you.
  16. 6up

6up Community Champion

It is good if you are looking for advice online on how to stop it. But do not research on its bad side so that you start abusing other drugs. What made you seek for directions on how to use on Internet? Are you really willing to stop? Then time is now. When you become an addict it will be really difficult for you to avoid that.
  17. blur92

blur92 Senior Contributor

Heroin is well known for destroying people's lives. It's not a subjective experience but happens regularly to virtually everyone that uses it. I wouldn't dabble in it any further if I were you.
  18. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Community Champion

Too many factors. It might not have been real, or you may have had false expectations. My first time doing morphine (similar high to heroin) I didn't notice anything. Really (in my opinion), opiates are sort of like nicotine where the high is very subtle. That being said, talking about why you didn't get high off of your heroin might not be suitable for a forum filled with people trying to stay away from heroin. This is a drug recovery forum.
  19. cpinatsi

cpinatsi Senior Contributor

Well, I guess that is a good thing. Since it didn't make such a big impression to you trying heroine, there is really no reason trying it again.
  20. calicer1996

calicer1996 Community Champion

Don't mean to rain on your parade but listen to all these guys. Those redditors are a bunch of idiots!
    Remember this, "Curiosity killed the cat".