An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Kaiser inpatient help

Discussion in 'Questions About Treatment' started by Tnc, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Tnc

Tnc Member

Hi,my wife been drinking heavy for 4 years.Now i have been trying to get her a inpatient treatment.
    We have Kaiser and we have been moved from one department to another.She went into one facility for a week and was being sexually harassed.So she left.Now Kaiser says she has to do a 6 hr video group meetings before they will offer another inpatient .
    These meetings could go on for weeks
    Getting no where with Kaiser
    Does anyone have suggestions?
    She needs help now...
  2. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

I'm familiar with rehab / treatment, and based on my experience with helping relatives and others, many rehabs/ treatment centers charge $$ for the Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step recovery program model. Just detox alone without further treatment cost much less than rehab/ treatment. So, if detox isn't necessary, the Alcoholics Anonymous 12 Step recovery program has helped millions recover from alcoholism and it’s free, it has no dues or fees.

I was a very heavy drinker for many years, but didn't need detox or rehab/ treatment, I went directly to Alcoholics Anonymous meetings where I leaned the dynamics of the 12 Steps which is over 2000 years old, because it comes from Jesus Christ. BTW, one doesn't have to be Christian to attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings or recover via the 12 Step Model, it's nonsectarian. I've observed many that recovered that are non-theist (atheist), agnostic, and those of faith Jewish, Muslin, etc.

One doesn't have to be an alcoholic to attend AA meetings, because many Alcoholics Anonymous meetings are OPEN to anyone. Some alcoholics are reluctant to attend AA meetings by themselves and sometimes family members accompany them.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    Davers likes this.
  3. Davers

Davers Community Champion

Boy !
    I wish I could help yr situation .

Was the first facility a State kinda place ?

Did she immediately resume drinking upon her leaving ?

On I see " offer another inpatient " .

IMO I think they want to be sure her hearts into quitting as they hear a-lot of excuses .

I think Bullwinkle's idea of AA is great free & you can go with her (to open meetings ) & maybe u can go to Alanon meeting that my help you .

Stay strong , y'all can overcome .
    Best Wishes
    Davers