An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Kratom

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Widow, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Widow

Widow Member

I'm sure many of us have heard of Kratom. While it has become illegal in some states, there are still many that it's perfectly legal to do. I've heard a wide range of stories of the benefits of it and of the negatives. Though considered a natural herb, would you consider it a bad drug?
  2. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I heard the same thing about it being good in moderation. The side effects of over doing it sound to serious for me to even try it. I really have never tried it and think it doesn't matter whether it's legal or not. The fact that it can be more addictive than any other herbal substance I know of makes it seem unappealing.
  3. Widow

Widow Member

I haven't heard of it being more addictive than any other herbal substance. That would definitely be something to be concerned about. I have heard that some use it to come off of addictions to other drugs though.
  4. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

I'm sure it depends on what it is being used for. Over use or overdose causes harm; even the over use of prescribed drugs leads to addiction. I believe in discipline; people should discipline themselves on medication and even try natural products so that their body system does not get too used to medication every now and then.