An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

KRATOM

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Joshstillclean, Jul 10, 2019.

1. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Thanks for sharing your kratom experience, @Joshstillclean. Glad you recognized the need to stop using it, too. Depression sucks, for sure.
  2. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

being on subs sucks. it really does. it would have been nice to find something herbal to take it's place. i just don't think there is going to be anything herbal that is also "strong" enough to take the place of subs.
    if it weren't for that dang kidney issue it wouldn't be a problem.
    i guess after everything i've put my body through though i shoud just be grateful. thas how i've decided i'm gonig to look at it too!
    Onceaddicted77 and deanokat like this.
  3. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

So I wanted to add something from my experience so far. Today I havnt took any kratom after a month. I was taking a gram twice a day.

I am on Gaba supplements too but I feel no adverse effects from not having the Kratom I dont have the energy and motivation I normally do with it, but I don't feel worse than normal. Also my blood pressure is spot on and my resting heartrate is 52, I dont feel any stress response. I've still been running too so I'm in pretty good shape. I'm 6,2 176 pounds

Just wanted to share my experience so far with it.

So far the all Natural solutions are working good for me its seems to be managing my stress, depression, anxiety and motivation
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Dominica, Joshstillclean and deanokat like this.
  4. deanokat

Thanks for sharing, @Onceaddicted77. Glad the natural stuff is working for you.
  5. Joshstillclean

This is great news man. I'm just now seeing this. When I was busy for a few days I lost some alerts I think...like they got full and kicked out of my inbox or something I don't really know.

But I'm curious about the gaga isn't this neurontin? Is that the brand name(not sure of the spelling).
    Whatever gabapentin is the generic of - the brand name of it gave me anaphylactic shock. Now I had loads of other stuff in my system at the same time so I'm being told its worth a try again at a very low dose for epilepsy. I remember you said it cured rls while coming off of oxy. And I know if it can do that its a good medication. That's one of the worst symptoms.
    But I was wondering what other benefit (since you are going all natural) you get from this that makes it still worthwhile for you to take. I'm not sure because that one time was my only experience with it but I was told it is habit forming. I know you've really studied up on brain chemistry and I'm interested to see why you still take this after the detox...if you don't mind me asking.
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  6. Onceaddicted77

Yes its generic form of Nuerotin. It is habit forming but easy to taper from. It does take away Rls and hot flashes it helps by bringing up your concentration of Gaba so it counters glutamate.

These are two of our main neurotransmitters. To much excitement causes anxiety to much Gaba can make you drowsy.

Gabapentin works by controlling uptake at the calcium channel. I have what most addicts have too much glutamate and I get super anxious and anxiety still. also works as a mood stabilizer. I get a little depressed without it.
    Joshstillclean, Dominica and deanokat like this.
  7. Joshstillclean

Makes me wonder if gluten and glutamate are related.
    deanokat likes this.
  8. Joshstillclean

My CNS has been on overload since lets see...what day was I born?
    Dominica likes this.
  9. Onceaddicted77

I dont believe so but look out for foods with MSG in it that's glutamate.

Found this too.

• Stress. Early research shows that taking GABA reduces stress, tension, anxiety, confusion, and depression in people under stress.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Dominica, deanokat and Joshstillclean like this.
  10. Joshstillclean

I used to have a diet of nothing but Chinese food. I know there's a lot of MSG in that.
    Its hard to find foods without monosodium glutamate. Its a miracle salt. But I have noticed since I've been paying much closer attention to my diet, I mean to the extreme, that I am getting much healthier.
    I'm 5 7, and without working out, just staying sober, I was hovering around 145. I'm a solid 160 though if I hit the gym.
    Well I have been working so hard screw the gym, but I'm paying attention to diet. I even got laying hens so no more of those hormones for me. When these hens stop laying ill just use them as meat birds. I believe that hormones are seriously worse for us than we are told.
    So I'm with you on all natural. Got a rooster to keep the flock up. And I like lamb. So that's gonna be my meat source. All free range too. No shots, nothing artificial, all grade A.
    I think that along with other steps I'm taking will help possibly get me through the next few decades without horrible health problems hopefully.
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  11. deanokat

And your gluteus maximus! ;)
  12. Onceaddicted77

Man that's awesome brother. I wish I had the means to grow all my food and raise chickens.
    Man diet is so important we truly are what we eat.

That's one thing that suffers is our eating habits when we are addicted to a substance. It's like we only eat because we know we have too lol.
    deanokat, Dominica and Joshstillclean like this.
  13. Onceaddicted77

Mice will actually hit the drug button repeatedly in test settings and not eat. They will take it till it kills them.

Luckily we know better but we are not far behind heh
  14. Joshstillclean

Diet goes out the window with an addiction. That's the truth if I've ever heard it.
    I see you have a great looking lab is it?
    If you don't live in an apartment you could have a couple chickens. If you wanted to build em a little house. But they really aren't that high maintenance.
    All the egged hatched and I ordered ten hens and one rooster. For all of them to hatch is even really lucky. Then for all of them to make it past the 24 hour mass to even luckier. But here they all are all 10. And they are taking care of themselves. I have a place for them already made outside but for now they are in a little crate in my house. Really not more than a cardboard box. So total startup cost for all 10 and 6 months of feed which after that I won't need any was just under 30 dollars. And with the rooster ill probably have some to sell.
    Might want to look into it.
    deanokat, Dominica and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  15. Onceaddicted77

I so wish I could. I'm in an apartment right now.

My dog is a Lab mixed with hound. I've been doing some off leash training but when she gets on a scent there goes her attention for anything else lol
  16. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@Onceaddicted77 so great you're off kratom! and thanks for all the information! good stuff.

regarding home grown food...if you can't raise chickens, you might be able to find someone in your town who sells them farm raised. helps you and helps them. head to a farmers market too maybe. :)

now, you said something about hot flashes being reduced. how about those brought on my menopause? haha. now, if i could find relief for that without having to take hormones! ;)
  17. deanokat

My wife and I wanted to have chickens. Honey bees, too. But both are against our city's regulations. :(
  18. Onceaddicted77

Hey @Dominica thats a good ideal being here in Oklahoma I should be able to find some good farms. As far as hot flashes my wife is going through menopause as well.

I tell ya what works I know I harp on it alot to everyone only because I think it's one of the most under thought of and has the most potential to help people men and women.

https://womensmentalhealth.org/posts/gabapentin-neurontin-hot-flashes/

Even the natural Gaba supplements help too. :)

I might would even go as far to say Gaba does indeed fix my depression and definitely my anxiety.

Even though the withdrawl from Kratom is really weak to me probably because I'm used to much worse. I can tell it is messing up my homeostasis. So imma add it to the list of substances cant have everyday. Heh
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    deanokat likes this.
  19. Onceaddicted77

When I was on both buprenorphine and Gabapentin and before I quit bupe. If you asked me which one I'd rather go without, it would be the bupe. I had to have my Gaba it does so much for me.

Gaba has also been shown to decrease dopamine in our mesolimbic system which could help curve our drug seeking and compulsive behavior.

It does not reduce it in the VTA though so you wont get depressed from the lower DA in our mesolimbic.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    deanokat likes this.
  20. Joshstillclean

You know that's sad. I'm hate to hear that. Honestly i didn't think to check on any regulations out here.
    I mean our neighbors have cattle.
    So I am guessing its ok. But I don't know anybody that has chickens, unless they do have them and I just can't see them from the road.
    But that honestly didn't occur to me at all.
    deanokat and Onceaddicted77 like this.