An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Lamar Odom

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by kgord, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Mara

Mara Community Champion

That was really a close call for Lamar. I heard that he's already out of the coma and that he transferred to a hospital in Los Angeles to continue his treatment. I do hope that he fully recovers.
  2. oraclemay

oraclemay Community Champion

We often look at these celebrities and wish we had their lifestyle or money, but do not realize the challenges it comes with. They have no privacy. I think that must be a real ordeal, especially when you are trying to deal with issues that are private. He is lucky to have a good support system. I hope he gets better and thinks carefully about turning his life around.
  3. rcdpink

rcdpink Active Contributor

Hey! I actually prayed for that guy. Now I got the good news that he is in recovery and is looking to make some positive changes in his life. I was thinking though that if it was some poor guy on the street who got drugged out that the news would not have become so far reaching. It just goes to show the ins and outs of the life of a famous person and that when you are well-known you have to make sure you present yourself well.
  4. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

The whole Lamar Odom situation is just sad because it is in a public spotlight. How many times have we done things that we regret? Poor guy made some bad choices and now it will hurt him from getting a career. Everyone will just think of him as a brothel going drug addict.
  5. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Yeah I don't know if I believe it is all really happening. Seems like some kind of publicity stunts to me.