An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Life is Beautiful

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by bourge_21, Nov 9, 2014.

1. bourge_21

bourge_21 Senior Contributor

Life is vague. Yet, on top of this absurdity, remember that one is clear: life is beautiful. No matter how hard we suffer from some diversions of life we are still lucky that we live so that upon self-realization, we will regain redemption- correcting our past mistakes and leading others to better ends. And yes, God is good.
  2. Krrizal

Krrizal Member

Thank you for the encouragement! :)
  3. megankl

megankl Active Contributor

I agree. I love life. I enjoy being alive and yes, I am scared to die. There are a couple things in life I am so disappointed about though. Like the way we are living. I hate that there is so much anger in the world when we are all supposed to be working together as a team. Its all mine mine mine and we never share or help each other out anymore. It makes me so sad, but I DO love living and I am happy to be alive!
  4. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I agree. Life is only as good as you allow it to be and how you perceive it. If you are aware of your brain activity and continually work towards keeping it optimistic and positive then you will see that effect manifest in your thoughts and actions. I don't believe in God, though. I think we are all responsible for whatever it is we have here, so it's best to start taking responsibility.
  5. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

Amen to that and i fully concur. It's not by chance that we get up everyday in the morning and get a chance to marvel at the beauty of life. God has a purpose for each one of us and despite our failings and weaknesses, he still loves us and wants us to live a life with purpose.
  6. CieraLashae

CieraLashae Member

Living life is something like playing a poker game. Sometimes you will like the hand of cards that it deals you and at other times you will not. In those moments its very easy and tempting to just fold your hand and sit out of the game because it seems to be the safest method. However, that promotes complacency which in fact is not safe at all. The negative results of remaining in stagnation will show forth over time when you are stuck with "wouldas", "couldas", and "shouldas". Instead of risking accumulated regrets, stay in the game even if your hand is crappy. Face life head on, keeping a positive attitude and trusting God for provision. Eventually, the tables will turn and you will come out on top with a better hand than you started with.
  7. valiantx

valiantx Community Champion

Life is also ugly! Once one is aware of one aspect of anything, there is a opposite thing to it - that's the way the human mind is. It's no different than once one is aware of what is light, then one also understands there is dark and that's if one does not forcibly ignore this fact. This is the true wonderfulness of it all, because to see is to see the positive and negative of things - one's eyes need to be hollow and dark to allow the fullness of light to enter!
  8. bourge_21

That's right. Remember, pain reminds us of life. When you are pissed off life because there is so much pain to deal with, it just tells us that we are humans and we are alive. Therefore, live life as we would like to be, but mostly, to help in guiding others.
  9. bourge_21

Remember that life is a cycle. And yes, it is like a Ferris wheel. So stay put, play the game, and be sports.
  10. bourge_21

Albert Einstein did not believe that there ever was darkness. Darkness is the absence of light, meaning, we are compelled to put out the bright side in us. We feel happy when we have no burdens, how come we can't when we are faced with issues?
  11. bourge_21

Just remember that life is a circle. it is a puzzle. I am no life coach but no one needs one when he or she understands the mystery. Yes, we live is a very conceited world and we cannot control this downpour of selfishness, but we make difference in our own little ways. Cheers to that.
  12. bourge_21

It's my pleasure. Thanks for dropping by my thread.
  13. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

God gave us life and it is beautiful that is why we should not waste our time doing non sense things that will only bring pain, hatred and sadness in our heart and to other people. Enjoy every minute of your life doing good things to other people and share any blessings you had in your life. We only borrowed our life here on earth and when it is time for us to leave already we can leave behind a life that is full of good deeds in the eyes of other people
  14. bombshell

bombshell Member

I agree, there are so many ugly, sad and scary things that can happen to us in life, but once we can embrace those things we can appreciate all the beauty too. Lately there have been a ton of changes going on in my life and the thought of the future is terrifying, but the thought of not having a future is even more scary.
  15. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

Life is really terrible sometimes but it is important to remember that everyone goes through terrible things in life. There are plenty of people who understand what you are going through and what you are dealing with. That is paramount in the road to recovery. You are not alone.
  16. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonder Active Contributor

There will always be something beautiful about life. More often than not, it just depends at how we look at life in general. If we choose to be positive all the time, the beauty of life will even surface. Also, in most cases, the challenges in life makes life a lot more interesting and we get to appreciate the good things even more. There's so many things to celebrate about life.
  17. BobPopporro

BobPopporro Active Contributor

Agree :)
  18. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Those are really nice words! :)
    Right that life is beautiful especially if we do things to make it beautiful. No matter what happens, life goes on and so we should go on and look forward for a better tomorrow.
  19. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Absolutely true. We may have experienced a lot of problems, hardships, failures, rejections, and oppressions along the way, but there are still so many wonderful things in life that we always have to be thankful for. Each day is a miracle, and thus, a new beginning. And every time we wake up in the morning, we've got to motivate ourselves a little bit, look forward to the day, and say, "Life is beautiful." :)
  20. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

Today what we need is love not only for ourselves and for all mankind too. And whatever journey we had traveled be it a rough road or a right pathway make it as a stepping stone to reach our destinations in life. Life is beautiful and we should not lose hope and always trust in the Lord that He will be there to always guide us to give meaning to our life.