An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Life is Beautiful

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by bourge_21, Nov 9, 2014.

1. 6up

6up Community Champion

If you can go to church, then that is the best place. going to church will make you prayerful. God do listen to our prayers and at time of recovery you will enjoy singing with the choir. God made earth for us, and we must live peacefully. Think of a world without drugs, no wars, no mad men. Families will be happy. People will have no fear of losing their jobs because of drugs. That is when we will be friends with the police, who we fear because we are guilty. Without using drugs one is able to organize their families and make sure they eat well, sleep well and go to school. There are no quarrels in a happy family, since there is love among the family members.
  2. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

I guess that's relative. Life's good for some and bad for others. Life can't be all good but at least what we can do is try and look on the bright side of things. Don't forget that there are many factors that can influence our view on whether life is good or bad. Keeping those to a minimum is what would make our lives appear good.
  3. ABC123

ABC123 Member

Yes, when one has lived through the bad, one can experience the good even stronger. One can value the good more. They can focus on achieving more the good. You mentioned "one's eyes need to be hollow and dark to allow the fullness of light to enter!" Sometimes one must fall in a deep spiral before they can look up and see the bright good light and reach toward it out the darkness. Life is good, because it allows for us to mess up and have the opportunity to turn the mess up around to clean up.
  4. May102014

May102014 Active Contributor

True indeed. Like what Forrest Gump said, "Life is a box of chocolates, You'll never know what your gonna get". We should enjoy every moment of our lives. Treasure every experience coz in the end it will make you a stronger person. Lastly we should thank God for the things that happen to us, be it good or bad. We just have to trust in his plan and have faith things will be better.
  5. jon

jon Active Contributor

Yeah, I love reaching a great place spiritually and feeling the beauty of life. Looking forward to overcoming adversity and achieving positive goals.
  6. E.Mil

E.Mil Community Champion

I agree that life is beautiful. I think with all the ups and downs of life, its still good to believe how precious life really is.
  7. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

ALL FIRED UP
    Pat Benatar
    Livin' with my eyes closed, goin' day to day
    I never knew the difference, I never cared either way
    Lookin' for a reason, searchin' for a sign
    Reachin' out with both hands, I gotta feel the kick inside
    All Fired Up
    Now I believe there comes a time
    All Fired Up
    When everything just falls in line
    All Fired Up
    We live an' learn from our mistakes
    All Fired Up, Fired Up, Fired Up - Hey
    Ain't nobody livin', in a perfect world
    Everybody's out there, cryin' to be heard
    Now I got a new fire, burnin' in my eyes
    Lightin' up the darkness, movin' like a meteorite
    All Fired Up
    Now I believe there comes a time
    All Fired Up
    When everything just falls in line
    All Fired Up
    We live an' learn from our mistakes
    All Fired Up, Fired Up, Fired Up
    The deepest cuts are healed by faith
    Now
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  8. Great words of encouragement, thank you. Life is precious, and it is beautiful.
  9. Min

Min Active Contributor

So much of life is beautiful. It's often just a matter of perspective. Maintaining that perspective is where the hard work comes in, but doing the work pays off in so many ways! thanks for the words of encouragement. :)
  10. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I agree that life is beautiful - at times it can be difficult to try and find that beauty, but it's part of why I keep a gratitude journal to remind me of the little things that keep me happy and make me appreciate the world around me. Getting into that habit of looking for and identifying good things is helpful, I find!
  11. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

Life CAN be beautiful but for some it's not always as simple as that, and the beauty can be hard to find.

Having faith in God or in a higher power can help when your at your lowest, and it can help to make you see that life is worth living, but what if you don't have that faith in something or someone?
  12. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Yes, I agree. Life may at times seem quite hard for us, but w should just look at those problems as challenges that we should face, since the Lord will never give us a problem that He thinks we can't handle.
  13. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

The last sentence though is only going to work if you're religious though and you believe in God, and even then your going to sometimes wonder why your being put through what you are.
  14. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

Life is beautiful. You can see beautiful things around you. You can find loving and caring people around. To have this kind of view in life gives hope to a person. Hope is the only thing that helps you the difficulties in your life. Hope gives meaning to your life.
  15. Coolkidhere

Coolkidhere Community Champion

It's hard to imagine life as beautiful when we have problems or issues. We tend to think that these problems are the core of our lives and that they run it. So whenever we have problems or issues, think about all the other positive things in your life. It's impossible that you don't have one.

It could be your family, your work, your pet, your talent, your friends or maybe just your neighbour who greeted you that day. Maybe this one piece of positivity can help you get through the day.

Know that life is beautiful if you think so. There are far more beautiful things than drug addiction or alcohol addiction. And if only you are sober or clean enough to realise so, you won't need the drugs to see that life is beautiful.