New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Life long Addicted

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by AJW, Feb 27, 2018.

1. AJW

AJW Member

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@AJW hello and welcome. thanks for sharing.. i'm sorry you are struggling. i've never been in your shoes regarding drug abuse, but i have felt passionless and purpose-less before. it's a dark place to be. i do think counseling is a good idea... check around for more affordable options. there are those that will charge a cash fee at a reduced price if you don't have insurance. perhaps some sort of support group too... might help.

i wish i had some great advice for you... i know for me when i get in those really dark spaces, i have to reach out for face to face help... either a counselor or support group. i also have things i do each day, like read something inspirational or watch videos that motivate me... all a progressive path toward healing and wholeness.

i follow the buddhist path... helps me better understand my life...and get better control of my mind... do you have some sort of spiritual path you follow? just a thought.

we are here.... come and share anytime... getting involved in an online community can help too. sending you positive vibes....and hope for a happier future.
  3. True concern

True concern Community Champion

So ive often thought about doing the same thing you've done here,edit my word's,worries,fears,and concerns right off the site.I have shared some of my worst moment's and been very detailed in all personal aspects of my life.The thought of "No where to turn"and "they'll never understand" it's tough and at time's i worry it's all for not,at times i feel it doesn't matter but they do understand and it does matter.I understand shutting down and trying to erase your post and eliminate the information you have shared.I truly hope you give this another chance,some thing's are to heavy to carry alone and the longer we try the weaker we get.I speak from experience,i won't get into my story as i feel some are getting tired of seeing it,and i know i shouldn't care about what they think but a person can just tell sometimes but that doesn't change who i am or why i do this.I do it for me and people like you that need to open up but fear the process and worry you may here something harsh in a time frame where it feels like you just can't take anymore.We Care and we don't judge we simply want to help other's and me personally I just want to help people find that piece of themselves they are struggling to find,ive been there,i've felt lost and alone for most of my life and though I spend alot of time trying to help other's I'm under no delusion that I'm fine now because i can't lie to myself anymore.I have no idea what your initial post was but i wish i had seen it so i could've gotten to know you and i hope maybe you some day pick up your phone and check in because you are not alone and i know how much it hurts to feel like you are.I know nothing about you yet i pray i get a chance to talk to you.We are here when your ready.Stay Strong and God Bless