An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Life With GOD

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by crc3thebest, Jan 22, 2015.

1. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

This is a story of how my addiction became my life, my breath, my everything. There was a time where life was so amazing! Back then I never needed a substance to get me through the day. My self-esteem was so high, negative remarks from others were never looked into. I was flourishing in life through self-motivation.

Where did it all go wrong? At times we fail in subtle parts of our life. This includes relationships, family, friends, personal goals. Once failure comes in we begin to attempt to heal the pain by using substances. Instead we should love ourselves enough to say,
    " I will not let failure define who I am".

God began to show me how to support myself on a day to day basis. Before I knew it, I was back on top! Mybusiness began to succeed on levels, only God could reach. My trust in God, helped me succeed in life greater than I ever had. Even my friends and family began to support me, because of God. God really changed my way of thinking and living.

Addiction stopped me from giving my all in everything. I remember, talking in front of people scared the hell out of me. Who knew, they would respect my work ethic and ideas. God trully impresses me on a day to day basis in my life by promoting self-worth and confidence as I read the scripture. God showed me how to live life to the fullest.

Living a life of addiction made me look and consider others higher than myself. God showed me, I am an individual. Once again, life was about me! I began to plan goals in my life and beat all competitors. God trully wants the best for us in life, we just have to believe it.
  2. elles-belles

elles-belles Community Champion

Wow, this is truly inspirational!!!Well done for finding such a fruitful and intimate relationship with God that has catapulted you to new heights. Sounds like you are on top of the world and only surging forward!
    God is good, he knows how to change what seems to be a grim and dark situation into something of a success and a fulfilling journey.

I am happy for you and continue your walk with God.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  3. notodrugs

notodrugs Community Listener Community Listener

What can I say but I completely agree with you on God making you do the impossible and changing your life for the better. Think of what you can do to be a blessing to others. Sharing your story here is one of the many ways you can encourage others to recover from their addiction.

Personally, I believe it is really just all about holding on to God as your prime motivator. I don't know how it works but He does work in unimaginable and amazing ways, more than we can think of. You're definitely on the right track. Share you blessings more often. God bless you more!
    crc3thebest likes this.