An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Life

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by crc3thebest, Oct 7, 2015.

1. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

Oh it was fun! Back then the music, the liqour, the substances... Oh what a dream! Looking on I see a complete end to my inhabitance. How could this be? The body shots we took off that girl that night. Wow. Only a few could derive an understanding of this very true scenario. The biggest question is how to realize an ultimate way to increase my stature in Life? Back then, I only received a sense of fun and acceptance and ideal of coolness among my peers. The only ideological reason I participated in these events was to have fun. The sweetness only lasted a while, I guess. Soon opportunities left unlike ever before. For then, I new stature mattered in life. Most of all the opinions of others are often shallow within understanding and social acceptance is only good for the hardworking. What is it to have social acceptance and no opportunity. Therefore, diligence is the complete misunderstood term among us. Life places a scale among our inhabitance for us to measure the weight of cause and result per situational occurrence. Once we truly measure and comprehend our state of happiness, we can only look to the sky. For then, we have comprehended why we use substances.
    dyanmarie25, dechantajones and L_B like this.
  2. singingintherain

singingintherain Community Champion

I'm not sure I full understand your post sorry, but it sounds like you're questioning your past decisions and the motivations behind them?

That's definitely a great thing to do! I think a lot of us (at least initially) float through life not really thinking about the decisions we're making, until they have very dire consequences.

I think things go well for you! Are you making a lifestyle change or have you done so already?
    crc3thebest likes this.
  3. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

It seems common that those who engaged themselves on those substance find happiness at first. But later on realize the consequences and learn those that should matter more than temporary happiness of using those stuffs. It is a good thing for a person to have realization and be able to move forward.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Thanks for sharing this post to us here. I totally agree with you about the temporary pleasure substance abuse is giving to people. And yes, just like what you have mentioned, their sweetness would only last for a while, not a lifetime. Don't ever jeopardize your goals in life for your addictions. You have a bright future ahead of you, don't waste it.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

Looking back I'm sure that we've all had good times, especially under the influence of drink or drugs, and sometimes a combination of both.

Looking at your situation now though, was it really worth it? I'd say in the majority of cases people who did use substances, while they don't regret what they've done, if they had the chance to do it all again they'd choose not to.
    crc3thebest and singingintherain like this.
  6. singingintherain

singingintherain Community Champion

@pwarbi I agree. You do learn a lot from these experiences, but at the same time wouldn't it be nice to be able to go back and not have to go through all of that. It's natural to be a little envious of those who haven't, although everyone has their own personal struggles.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  7. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

This sounds like a poem but a good one. A lot of decisions we make have consequences but can be lessons to learn from. Mistakes can work for us or against us depending on how you look at them. I agree that somethings we may have done in the past could have been avoided, but would you really have stayed away from things if you didn't experience them for yourself? I know there's a lot of things I would never do again just because of the experience I have.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  8. pwarbi

I know what you mean when you talk about going back and doing things all over again differently, but the fact us we can't.

I think if we dwell on what we did to much that's when regret might set in, and that just eats away at you, so while we shouldn't forget what we've done in the past, after all its made us who we are today, we should really just try and focus on the future.
  9. crc3thebest

Great intellectual understanding! Thanks for viewing and supporting!
  10. crc3thebest

Perhaps, I would of loved to create a better sense of community with my peers, rather than have a substance built relationship. However, somethings you just have to experience.
  11. crc3thebest

Definitely have looked at the ways I could better my life. Thanks for commenting!
  12. crc3thebest

Socially, it was one of the funnest times of my life. However, there were key instances where the results outweighed the fun.
  13. crc3thebest

14. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

Peer pressure is in some cases the main reason teens start smoking and abusing drugs, I know I did, my friends offered me some weed and I was ready to smoke it.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  15. zaerine

It is right that peer pressure is one of the reasons why a person would try a substance. I think that it is true for both teenagers and the adults, it is just that teenagers are seemed to be easier to be pressured.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  16. pwarbi

When your young you do tend to act in the moment instead of thinking about what consequences your actions will have in the future and with that in mind I think it will always be the case.

Youth is wasted on the young as they say...
    crc3thebest likes this.
  17. crc3thebest

Great input! You are spot on, we do not think about the consequences as juveniles.
    pwarbi likes this.
  18. crc3thebest

Thanks for commenting! Peer pressure seems to always affect teenagers in America.
  19. crc3thebest

Great analysis! We have all been victims of peer pressure.
  20. zaerine

Welcome. I think that is also the case on other countries just like in here. They seem to use or take a substance to feel or make themselves belong to a group.