An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Life's Investment

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by EditorsRHumansToo!, Jun 10, 2015.

1. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo! Community Champion

How do you plan to invest your life in the the next six months? In recovery, and wanting healing from any form of substance abuse: a plan and a purpose to better your position--your circumstance-- your life to freedom is worth looking into. Putting some slow but surely and careful thought and drug-free management does go a long long way to real happiness.

Along the way, there will be failures and mistakes. But it doesn't really matter. What matters most is what and how you hope to do and be in the next step... and the next. There are always tomorrows of better future for you.

Good on ya', Friend! I wish you well.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  2. gracer

gracer Community Champion

The path to recovery is never easy and fast indeed. You will have to undergo a lot of trials and hindrances before you could reach sobriety. But if you invest a lot of time and effort in wanting to have a better life, you will eventually get there one way or another in your own pace. Invest your life to a brighter, sober future and you'll find true happiness that no drug or substance could ever give you.
    EditorsRHumansToo! likes this.
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I agree. Always be optimistic about recovery. Take one step at a time. There is no need to rush; do it slowly but surely. You will get there eventually. For the mean time, keep yourself busy with a lot of activities to do and try new hobbies. :)
    EditorsRHumansToo! likes this.
  4. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I've been recovered for a number of years now, but I still ensure I set goals for myself. I liked what you said about understanding that failures are normal - that important realizations helps us all remember that perfection shouldn't be the goal, but simply to better ourselves. We may slip up, we may make mistakes, but that's okay. Keep setting goals, keep having measurable ways of acknowledging your successes - and don't forget to celebrate those successes too!
  5. ohoward1987

ohoward1987 Member

Life after recovery is becoming more precious and more colorful. I've been through some terrible times. I left home at the age of fifteen when my parents died and started using drugs. There were many scary moments. Then a man came into my life. He worked at a Mall. I met him when I went to the Mall to get warm. He decided to help me and got me a job, and later I started running my own business. It wasn't difficult. I used the help of a financial adviser yourmoneygeek.com. It's easy to talk about it now because my life has improved, but then it was like a bad dream.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    Davers likes this.
  6. Davers

Davers Community Champion

Way to go .

Knowledge is power.
    &
    Wisdom is ....well Wisdom :rolleyes:
  7. Davers

Davers Community Champion

All good here.