An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Living a lie

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Jenn44, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Jenn44

Jenn44 Member

Hi I am new to this group. I just posted a msg 30mins ago and was just wo seeing if I did it properly. Is it public? Can everyone see my last msg?
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@Jenn44 Yes we could but you deleted it
  3. True concern

@Jenn44 I was trying to figure out my response after I read the post you deleted,a 15 year relationship that crack destroyed...along with other addictions. You moved on got clean and had a new baby and now some how you are smoking 1 bag of heroin a day...but you're sitting on 2 bags today.Do you see the trap addiction has laid out for you?It has you convinced you will only smoke 1 bag a day and hold the second one until tomorrow...you've been here before at the end of today bag 2 is going to be "Calling"for you..but I think you know this and you have done the right thing by reaching out. You say you're worried about your partner finding out yet you also say he is no idiot and knows you're past so I'm sure you realize he already knows,so talk to him,let him help you before you are really hooked bad again. I have been reaching out for roughly 1 year here and have made great progress and I still continue to work on me,I had quite sometime under me and last night I ended up drinking 2 beer's, it may not sound like much but just like that bag those 2 beer's want me to go grab 2 more so I did what was right just like you and I told on myself, we can't heal if we blindly accept the lie addiction wants us to believe, we must take it's power and tell everyone,in this way we ensure the substance doesn't become our "Best friend"because it isn't it's our worst enemy and it a tricky little bastard.Reachout here the support you will receive can help put you're life back on track and the people here are amazing, caring,loving individuals. Give it a chance but most importantly be honest with yourself and you're partner so you can get back on track before it rips you're life apart.STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS
    deanokat, redtail57 and Dominica like this.
  4. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Jenn44 hey there. welcome to the forum. i'm not seeing your post in this thread. perhaps you can repost it (if you haven't already)

i agree with @True concern that reaching out for help is a must. come clean with your partner...and do whatever it takes to get help...treatment... i know it's not easy to admit, but it's necessary if you want to experience better things in this life....for you and your family.

are you willing to get treatment?
    True concern, deanokat and redtail57 like this.
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I didn't see your post before it was deleted, @Jenn44. Please feel free to repost. Unless you don't want to, for some reason. Just know that we are here to offer you help, support, and encouragement. No matter what.
    True concern likes this.
  6. True concern

@Jenn44 I do hope to hear from you again soon,there is no judgement here period.All of us here just want to help in anyway we can.Have a beautiful day
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  7. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Jenn44 hey there. hope your weekend was alright.... know that we are here for you anytime.
    deanokat likes this.