An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Living a triple life....

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Luis88, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

DoxyMom writes>>>Stopping the coke is easier because there are no physical withdrawal symptoms.<<<

https://www.addictioncenter.com/drugs/cocaine/withdrawal-detox/

Symptoms of Withdrawal

Cocaine’s euphoric “rush” fades quickly, meaning withdrawal symptoms follow shortly after the last dose. Many cocaine users “binge,” or take more and more of the drug over a short amount of time, to delay withdrawal symptoms. Cocaine binging can lead to fatal overdose.

Common symptoms of withdrawal from cocaine include:

• Increased appetite
    • Fatigue
    • Depression
    • Agitation
    • Restless behavior
    • Nightmares
    • Anxiety
    • Suicidal thoughts

https://www.drugrehab.com/addiction/drugs/cocaine/withdrawal-detox/

Cocaine Withdrawal Symptoms
    Cocaine withdrawal isn’t nearly as dramatic as withdrawal from alcohol or opioids, which can cause violent physical symptoms such as vomiting, shaking and sweating. But cocaine withdrawal is still distressing, and it can make people too weak to do normal daily activities.

Typical symptoms of cocaine withdrawal can include:

• Agitation or restlessness
    • A general feeling of discomfort
    • Strong cocaine cravings
    • Irritability
    • Mental and physical exhaustion
    • Depression
    • Inability to feel pleasure or joy (anhedonia)
    • Vivid and upsetting dreams
    • Increased appetite
    • Slowed activity
    • Lack of motivation
    • Excessive sleepiness
    • Decreased sexual desire
    • Poor concentration
    Davers and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  2. True concern

True concern Moderator

Nevermind it just clicked.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  3. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

That's right @True concern we all know Bull knows everything and we know nothing. I'm not wasting my time explaining myself. Since I've personally quit both drugs, I will take the effects of quitting coke over opiates any day. You don't get flu like symptoms. But alcohol WD is the only one that can kill you. I'm sure you will somehow step on that too, Bull.
    Davers likes this.
  4. Nathan420

Nathan420 Member

I doesn't matter what you're addicted to. Addiction is subjective and one drug is not easier to come off than others. Psychological addiction is actually harder to overcome than physical withdraw. Physical withdraws like from alcohol, opiates, benzos are horrific and can be fatal that's true but they only last from a few days to a few weeks. The real battle comes after because you feel physically well but then you have to try so hard as there are so many trigger factors, you start to feel emotion again, feelings that made you use the drugs in the first place come back. Fighting your mind is the hardest part of recovery and lasts all your life. Addiction is addiction, it's hard no matter what.
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

So your a believer addiction and mental health go hand in hand?
    On most levels I agree with your post,obviously the mental part after the physical part is going to be a much longer battle as you said,the rest of your life.I guess perhaps we are all interpretating this thread in our own way.

This conversation (Physical versus Psychological)Can go in so many different directions depending on how the original topic was initially presented.

I see no wrong answers here just difference of opinion and level of personal experience.
    Davers and DoxyMom like this.
  6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

I understand your intent is to be helpful, DoxyMom, as is my correction to be helpful, as others have helped me. Other than wanting my mother, I wasn’t born knowing anything, my learning experience was mostly through trial and error, but I’ve also learned from my success. If I agreed with everyone and everyone agreed with me, that would be the end of MY learning process.

This is a discussion forum and in many ways it’s like f2f discussion groups, especially when one attempts to involve others in casting aspersions or where others voluntarily involve themselves in casting aspersions. I’ve seen this on forums like this, also in AA and NA. It’s what I call the “group think gang mentality”, it’s weak, sad and very dangerous for the recovering and sometimes deadly. However, I have compassion, I know why it exists, because it’s shame-based resentment which is unresolved anger turned outward. Resentment is like cutting one’s nose off, so they can bleed on others. Resentment only hurts the resentful.

AA text, page 64, “Resentment is the “number one “ offender. It destroys more alcoholics than anything else. From it stem all forms of spiritual disease.”

Alcoholics Anonymous Text, Spiritual Experience “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance—that principle is contempt prior to investigation.”

You wrote this DoxyMom>>>Stopping the coke is easier because there are no physical withdrawal symptoms. <<< This is patently incorrect.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...tion-or-psychological-addiction-is-there-real
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  7. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

As I'd mentioned in earlier posts, our current best notions about addiction are that the process involves some obvious physical and psychological processes
    This is from your link @Bullwinkle .
    He even makes a distinction.
    You are being warned you are insulting, in a sweat way.
  8. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Guys the fact is all drugs can have physical and psychological withdrawl. Fatigue and stress is a physical symptom and all drugs cause it after cessation.
    Davers and True concern like this.
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

I agree with what your saying,but when I think of physical withdrawal I think of physical as in your body needs it or you get sick like with an opiate for instance.When I think of physical withdrawal from cocaine I think your body hurts,muscles cramp,etc because you've been awake for 5 day's and haven't stopped moving so of course your going to feel physical symptoms.As I stated above I don't think there are any wrong answers here it's all in how the conversation is presented in the beginning. Are we talking physical Extreme exhaustion or are we talking physical you have 4 hours before you need more heroin or your going to start puking and shitting yourself?This is just my take on the conversation but yes technically physical withdrawal from any drug
  10. Onceaddicted77

True that brother good point. This guy @Luis88 said he had been doing coca for like 3 years and over a ball a week. I can assure him he will have physical symptoms. Like you said technically all drugs can amd will change receptor saturation which is a physical change. But it is definitely different than opioids being far worst. But withdrawl is subjective what is terrible to me might not be bad for you.
  11. Onceaddicted77

Science has pretty much linked that physical and physiological pain are linked and almost are one in the same our body knows no difference.
  12. True concern

True concern Moderator

That's very interesting, I did not know but I guess it makes sense.When I had knee surgery recovery was very painful bit I had to force myself to walk on it regardless to strengthen it and that took a lot of convincing to myself just saying over and over in my mind "Keep pushing forward"So I can understand this in that way
  13. True concern

True concern Moderator

Ya that's a lot of coca for sure
  14. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

@Luis88 I hope you are still here seeking help. That is all I'm trying to do for you. I was only wanting to know if you had stopped one or the other or both. You said you stopped one. Have you been able to find any help? Contrary to what some believe there is help available beyond AA, NA, CA, etc. There is SMART which has a whole new way of looking at addiction. Check them out. They have in person and online meetings. They help all kinds of addiction. We are here for you too, sorry we hijacked your thread seeking help. I wish only good things for you.
  15. Nasari43

Nasari43 Member

Listen, bro. I understand it because I'm going through the same thing. We both can help each other out. We can take that Broken Arrow. And mend it together. Lies and deception is the one that kill us all. But we got to overcome all that. Put God in your life. And that should be your number one purpose. Because once you accomplish all that everything will fall in place. Who am I to begin advice like that? It's because I'm going through the same struggles and trials and tribulations that you're going through. You mentioned that you a family man. That your wife should be the queen of your Earth. Long as you keep God in front. Everything is going to be great. Just remember one thing. When you lie to yourself. Who else can you lie to? I mention about getting close to God. The closer you try to get to God. The more the devil attacks you You just got to hold on.
    Davers likes this.
  16. Nasari43

Nasari43 Member

Why attack yourself when you got the devil doing it for you? Listen, I understand everything and I just want to share this with you. Life wasn't promised to be great to know one. You have to make life the way you want it to be. By keeping your mind occupied and try to get back to your old ways it going to be virtually impossible, but it can be done. What's the use of trying to keep holding yourself down and blaming yourself for things that already happened? You just got to move on? I hope this word of advice will comfort you in some way. But you just have to remember man. Self-preservation is the number one priority and that is getting yourself together. I hope this helps.? Remember a happy life is a happy wife. So treat your queen with respect and a lot of dignity. You can call me "option falls here". Peace out.
    Davers and DoxyMom like this.
  17. Davers

Davers Community Champion

Dude please get checked ASAP , those symptoms sound serious . To Me .
  18. Davers

In short .
    It kinda all comes down to our choices in life & the amount of Faith ; heck even the 12 that followed Jesus ,lacked Faith many times.
    God bless Us All.
  19. Davers

I've never WD from Coke , but I've always noticed that Coke WD is way less stressful than almost all other common drugs I can think of .

Also Everybody is different so DoxyMom is correct concerning some can come off cocaine without much distress .
  20. Davers

I must admit I disagree about yr assessment that wd are the same for most drugs , also "Triggers " were a problem for me up until about 30 y/o , now at 48 I deal with stress better than years ago , FWIW .
    I kinda lost my thought train there sorry . :oops: