An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Logic - Nikki

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Nick Anthony, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Nick Anthony

Nick Anthony Active Contributor

Logic - Nikki is a song Logic created about his cigarette addiction. Although he had a cigarette addiction anyone who has an addiction to anything in life can relate to it.

I highly recommend anyone recovering or trying to recover listen to this song, because you will truly understand what he is talking about.

One of his lyrics go, "Nikki baby I love you but now I gotta go
    Cause in the end what happens you already know
    ". I think these are very powerful words, because deep down we all know what is hurting us. We wish our vices weren't harmful, but they are and we already know what's going to happen. So, make the effort to continue fighting every single day.
  2. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I checked out the song, and it's not really my type but I agree that the lyrics are very good and truthful. Cigarettes and plenty of other bad habits, whether they are connected with substances or not, are really complicated in that way since you are so used to doing them that it's hard to imagine anything different. Hearing songs like this certainly helps in bringing you back to a more objective perspective.
  3. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Community Champion

It's not my kind of music either, but the lyrics definitely do ring true. For that reason, I'd have to recommend that everyone at least listen to the song once and focus upon the words more than anything else. There's a powerful message there that people know subconsciously and shouldn't ignore for any reason whatsoever.
  4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I checked the song out. It's not that catchy, but I really love the message it is trying to convey to the listeners. Yes, it's very relatable and I love the idea how simple the song is, but very original.
  5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

Thanks for sharing! It's a very inspirational song and you can clearly see that the lyrics come from the heart of someone that suffers from an addiction.
    I can easily relate to this song.