An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Long story short...

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by calicer1996, Oct 31, 2014.

1. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I stand corrected. Yes, young people do suffer from depression. But as the article also mentioned, it can be hard to distinguish adolescent turmoil from depressive illness, so based on the lack of details of the poster, I am inclined to assume that he is suffering from adolescent turmoil, unless he fits the symptoms of depressive illness.
  2. calicer1996

calicer1996 Community Champion

I thank you guys from the depths of my heart! I feel way better after reading all your helpful and sincere replies. Don't worry anymore, I am on my way to a full recovery! Thanks again!
  3. serenity

Wait, you didn't really say what was the cause of your depression. What was the cause anyway? For all you know, you're just experiencing adolescent turmoil.
  4. calicer1996

Yeah, that's one way of saying it. And no, drugs were not the cause. I guess I became a bit cynical, that's all.
  5. serenity

If that's the case, then I'm glad to know that you are not seriously depressed. At least my hunch was right, since you are young, and most depressed people really rant long speeches of the reasons why they're depressed, while your post lacks detail and "angst". It's nice to know that you're ok now.
  6. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo! Community Champion

Hi @calicer1996 Welcome and thank you for coming to the forum. First of all, I'm a parent of more than six children of all ages. And I'd love to give you a very warm embrace and listening heart. You are aching deeply. And in a lot of pain inside. Please know that you are valuable and that, you matter. You are loved. You have many more years ahead of you, you've got to believe that.

When my teens begin to enter the 'critical' age of emotions, I look out for signs of depression. And factors that trigger depression. Here are some helpful conditions we look out for: Are you ready?

* Winter affects metabolism and serotonin imbalance. We don't get much sunlight in winter. Sunlight, and lots of exposure to the sun, gives us natural Vit. D. Read and research about it. From NaturalNews, Weston A. Price Foundation, Dr. Mercola.com to name a few.

* Look out for people around you who might be needing your help. And only with your strength can do it. You have a better understanding of other people's needs because you have experienced that same need yourself. Your knowledge and your skill will definitely help them.

* Write a journal about how you feel each day. Write it in the sun at the park or school grounds where people walk by; make sure you smile very now and then when people pass you by. Think that each person might be in need of that smile of yours: telling them them, "Everything is gonna be alright".

* Eat healthy diet. I also heard that our billions of cells consist of membranes with Omega3 acids. The major organs of our body, esp. the brain make up of the majority of the billions of cells. So, you want to feed your brain cells with lots of Omega3. You know what they are? Here's the shock where to get Omega3 for your cells: Meat steaks with lots of fat in them, chicken with skin broth, cheese, lots of butter, avocado. Cut down ton carbohydrates (bread, starchy potatoes, cakes, bottled juice, alcohol, MacDonalds)
    "The Oiling of America" is a good watch to see more about good fat.

No junk food.

* Vitamin C. With that sun exposure, Vit. D is a partner to Vit C. To make Vit C work in the body, Vit. D (sunlight) will help process Vit C into your billions of cells. See Dr. Suzanne Humphries on Vit C. See it on YouTube. Eat lots of citrus.

* Keep the company of mature people. A community such us this forum, DrugAbuse.com is one suggestion. Keep writing to us. Communicate with us. Talk to your parents. They love you. Let us know about you and what you've written so far on your journal.

* Start a project you are interested in. It would be good if you do the project with people you trust. It could be a charity project like, mowing the lawn for an elderly neighbor (you get sunlight, too), or walk the dog of a neighbor who is sick. You can do anything. Do you build? Do you like building? Do you fix things?

Or start a review project on the good movies you are interested in. You like adventure and sci-fi movies? Watch them with family and friends, or with a friend.

* Exercise. Dance. Sing. Walk. Please do this regularly. If it's raining, sing in the rain :)-))

I look forward to hearing from you. We are very glad to meet you @calicer1996 ! :):);)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  7. calicer1996

Woah! @EditorsRHumansToo! I feel so good that you took out time to write such amazing tips for me. I really liked that "keep mature people around you". That's what I am trying to do! Thanks a lot for being here and being you!
    EditorsRHumansToo! likes this.