An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Look around.

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Joshstillclean, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

I think your on to something there. Sure is easier half lit for sure. Man some of these supplements I've been taking increase my sociability but it's to much sometimes where I feel a bit manic. Trying to find a balance.
    True concern likes this.
  2. Onceaddicted77

Yea i hear ya. It's a pain in the butt to get this site to accept a photo too. I usally have to compress it.
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

Ya man I understand,the manic thing sometimes comes up so quick I consciously miss it for like 5-10 min than I get extra annoyed as I catch it, I feel for you man I know that feeling
    deanokat, Dominica and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  4. True concern

True concern Moderator

Ya I think it only takes 200x200 pixels or less
    deanokat and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  5. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

I write way better than i speak. some are natural speakers...teachers...face-to-face. others learn it. others, like introverts...shy... just do better via writing. a lot of writers and poets and artists are introverts.
  6. Dominica

haha. i have def experienced how social i can be with a couple of drinks. very interesting, isn't it? i have gotten better at social interactions the last couple of years, and it's an ongoing goal. i do like "community"... and want to be out there more connecting... i know my "presence" matters, even if i don't talk much. one guy at a festival we were working came to me afterwards and said he saw me walking earlier that day...and there was something about me that made him feel more peaceful... he thought i was a yoga instructor. (i'm not), but beyond the physical, we have PRESENCE... that can radiate.

now, i can easily seclude... so it's a goal i keep in mind. and work at.

all that to say, i understand.
  7. Dominica

can you put up the old one you had in the hoodie? :) well, i liked that one, but put up whatever ya want. hope you can figure it out.
  8. True concern

True concern Moderator

I don't remember that one lol probably had a "high fever" lol I remember one in a tank top
    Joshstillclean and deanokat like this.
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

Oh ya I remember that one,that was after a 4 mile run...I don't have that one anymore but I'm about ready to start running again so this one will have to do for now but I will get you a hoodie pic put up after I get back to running...... I'M GOING BACK TO RUNNING, I just have to
  10. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I think that is probably true in a lot of cases, @True concern. But not all cases. I struggle with the same problem and don't fit into that category of being more use to social interaction half lit. I think social anxiety can affect ANYONE. Believe me: I will rarely talk on the phone because of my social anxiety.
  11. Dominica

Running will feel good!! I'm still biking some. Walking. Sometimes Tae Bo, but not often.

I really like that pic. Shows all of you (meaning, no hoodie).

Hope you are having a great day Arthur!
  12. Dominica

You are right. Anxiety affects A LOT of people. It's due to many factors... NOw that I'm back to meditating and doing some deep breathing exercises, I'm not as anxious. I'm really getting more insight as to the fact that I AM NOT MY EGO.... mind...with all its racing thoughts. No. I'm observing them more...they are mostly fearful thoughts that aren't warranted... or negative thoughts that aren't productive. so... this is helping me.
  13. True concern

True concern Moderator

Sir I almost put you down as the exception to the rule and I remember you don't have a phone:)
  14. True concern

True concern Moderator

Just as that man told you you had a calming affect just in your presence from that festival you mentioned,you have the same effect in the way you type...I must admit I'm fond of you,fond of all of the great people here but you were the first to reach out to me 2 and a half years ago so thank you for putting up with me for so long as I bounce all over the place but I think I'm on track to stable ground:)o_O
  15. Onceaddicted77

deanokat and True concern like this.
  16. True concern

True concern Moderator

I've been wondering this for almost 1 week
    Onceaddicted77 and deanokat like this.
  17. deanokat

I have a land line. Does that count? o_O
    Onceaddicted77 and True concern like this.
  18. True concern

True concern Moderator

In the 80's it did lol J/K.Yes Yes it does count
    Onceaddicted77 and deanokat like this.
  19. Onceaddicted77

Haha
    True concern likes this.
  20. deanokat

Quit laughing at my land line! FYI, I've had the same phone number for 40 years. True story.
    True concern likes this.