An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

LOOKING BACK,PUSHING FORWARD

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, Sep 29, 2018.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

You know it's absolutely amazing how outlook and reality intersect and cause both amazing and negative qualities. This past month I have felt more than pathetic, weak,low,worthless,irrational, compulsive,etc.Why?I relapsed after 7.5 month's however I'm not much of a liar,I could have easily lied to everyone on this site but I didn't, a few I have their personal phone numbers and I texted them simply to tell them I had failed and relapsed and then I stopped contact and returned here.I have over 1000 post on this site and I've gone back and read a few and wow,reading my own comments was like a slap in the face,not in a bad way but in away I needed to feel.To read my deepest thoughts and concerns for other's......Thats me,I didn't fail,I stumbled and as I stumbled I shared my shame because that's how we heal regardless of who you are or how much money you have slap the sh*t out of yourself if you get stuck in a mindset of failure,wake up....You can only fail if you allow yourself too,you may stumble but reach out and there will be someone there reaching back.Stay Strong and God Bless you All
    Lostboy8731, deanokat and Dominica like this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

so glad you're back and that you are feeling better about yourself! you are a big part of this forum, and your light shine's brightly to many!!! and we love you!
    Lostboy8731 and True concern like this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Love your post, @True concern. You are absolutely right when you say, "You can only fail if you allow yourself to." And yes, if you stumble, it's not the end of the world. You can steady yourself again and continue to move in the right direction.

So glad you're here with us. So glad you're sharing your journey so it will help others. And, for the record, if I had a cell phone, I'd gladly give you my number. But, alas... I don't.

Love and man hugs coming your way today. :)
    True concern likes this.