New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Looking for help

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Solymar, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Solymar

Solymar Member

I have a daughter, she's 18 years old, I'm struggling with her problem about drugs abuse, but I don't know exactly where I can find help, I don't have a good job , I'm a single mom I can't pay for a rehab and also she doesn't accept that she has problems, but everyday is getting worse since she met a guy who provides her marihuana and I'm afraid he's providing cocaine too, she just got a job lately she decided not to go, took a couple of days and disappear with that guy, I was fricking me out since I realized that guy was in jail for 10 years he's 33years old, he stole 5 banks and there's no mother who can be calmed with a daughter leaving with a guy such like that she doesn't listen to me, I really need advice, I really need help, I also wish to join a group of parents who has similar problems
    I appreciate any advice any information can help me
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Solymar... Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's issues. When you are a parent of a child who struggles with addiction, it is extremely challenging...especially if that child is an adult. Unfortunately, we can't "fix" our child's addiction.

There are some very good books out there that I think could help you. I wrote about some of my favorites in this blog:

6 Essential Books for Those with an Addicted Loved One

I urge you to look at that list of books and think about reading some of them, especially the Beyond Addiction one.

I also suggest you try and find a Nar-Anon or Al-Anon meeting in your area and attend it. It can be very helpful and comforting to be among others who are going through similar issues with their loved ones.

We are here to help and support you however we can.
  3. Solymar

Solymar Member

Thanks so much for your advice denokat, I'll look for one off those books for sure and also look about for Nan Anon...it's very important to share experience with parents who has the same problem
    deanokat likes this.
  4. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener