An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Looking to The Light

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by crc3thebest, Jan 19, 2015.

1. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

At a young age, the great light of God was illustrated before my eyes. Through the toughest times of addiction in my life I was able to see Gods light. I remember being in tears with only addiction to turn to, but then I remembered what the light emitted... Love, affection, forgiveness, open arms, acceptance, healing, protection, and grace. Now I stood in his light, no longer in darkness. My strength renewed through emitts of light! Forever, I am free of darkness into God's light.
    Rainman likes this.
  2. angelicagapit

angelicagapit Active Contributor

I'm happy for you and your strong relationship with God at such a very young age. Luckily, you were able to see the light before things got worse. I believe everything is just a matter of perspective. If you strive to be happier and to stop your addictions, then it's possible. It's hard to become a better person, but just taking small steps means there's progress in your new transformation.

I still want to strengthen my faith with God. Hopefully I do so this year.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  3. Twinsmommy31

Twinsmommy31 Active Contributor

I am so glad you allowed God to come into your life and show you the light. You can do all things through Christ that gives you strength. It always reigns true.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  4. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

God has the power to lead you out of anything. I am glad that you turned to Him. May you be blessed by His wisdom and truth.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  5. bluzkluz09

bluzkluz09 Active Contributor

I agree to these words. The great things that God has in store for all us no one can change. He wants the best for us. Unlike our peers he doesn't pass judgement or criticize. His love is unconditional and he can always be trusted. He is forgiving even when we do the unforgivable. When we are hurting and sometimes hurting ourselves he still cares. When we are trying to change our behavior he is the one to give us strength. No person on Earth can get through the darkness and heartache without the love of God.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  6. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I don't believe in God or in the method of using religion to substitute for an addiction but I also believe that it's much better for people to have access to whatever will work for them to get off their addictions. I am glad you made it through and I wish you luck on the road ahead of you.
  7. Tournique

Tournique Senior Contributor

I think that beliefs should be yours only and not channeled through church. It also helps me sometime to think about the bigger plan but not the way the books portray it.
  8. joshua minaya

joshua minaya Active Contributor

I am glad that the Light of God was able to shine in your life and that way you were able to get your healing. My advice to you is to remain steadfast and try not to fall back again into substance abuse.
  9. joe

joe Active Contributor

God can really take you out of any problem. It does not matter how the problem may be deep or big. All things are possible with God. What is required is to only believe.
  10. joe

joe Active Contributor

Yes friend , may God grant your desire. God loves you and would want a more closer relationship with him. He is there with you.