An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

losing someone you love and avoiding the pain

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by tasha, Feb 2, 2016.

1. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

I know someone like that and it's nothing but bondage. It's a really sad and unnecessary way to live. I hate seeing people like that, especially friends.
  2. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

Loss is a terrible thing to happen to you in life and losing the people we love makes us empty and alone and confused but we cannot ask questions because we will not get the answers and it is best to mourn by crying, screaming and getting it out rather than taking something to keep you calm and make you sleep or lift your spirits because at the end of it all the person that you have lost would not want you to look this bad and feel this terrible. They would want you to be happy and healthy until you meet again
  3. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

Losing people in that way can be an extremely difficult thing to handle for a lot of people and I don't think that anti depressants are the best option to cope with them but sometimes they are the only option. I think that when we lost someone we need to feel the pain, express it and knowing that there is nothing wrong with that, pain is something really human, and we shouldn't repress it.
  4. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

I've gone down the medication route and let me tell you the provisional relief meds offer is not enough, because sadly it all comes with a price. I no longer want to take a medication unless I truly need it.
    deanokat likes this.
  5. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

The best way to deal with grief IMHO is to embrace the pain. Losing someone does hurt and only time can soothe that pain. Using drugs to numb the pain can provide temporary relief but unless you continue using those drugs forever you'd be right back at square and will have to mourn the loss of your loved one.

“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”
    ― William Shakespeare
  6. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

Losing someone we love is really very painful and hard to accept in our life. But it is not a reason to rely using any kind of toxic substances in order to forget and to relieve the pain that is in our hearts due to their loss. But instead we should learn how to move one with our life without them and let their memories to remain in our hearts that we will cherish in our lifetime.