An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

love is always around you

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by moniqueata, Jan 20, 2015.

1. moniqueata

moniqueata Member

No matter what you are going through god loves you and watches you everyday.
    muthoni likes this.
  2. bluzkluz09

bluzkluz09 Active Contributor

Thanks for these words. They are days when I feel alone and that no one really cares about me. I know that the Creator loves me and he is watching over me. It's not that I forget it's just nice to be reminded as there are instances when my judgement might be clouded. It can even be there are just so many things on mind I neglect to focus on the love he has for me. I can push people away but I cannot push the Lord away or his love. May he bless us all and help us through whatever challenges we are facing today.
  3. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I don't believe in god but I would agree that the universe will work itself out eventually provided that you have the right attitude and an open eye for when opportunity knocks. I think some people just tend to be a bit too closed off so they fail to see the moments wherein they are given the chance for drastic and much needed change.
  4. angelicagapit

angelicagapit Active Contributor

This is a very simple thread, and at the same time, very true and genuine. There is always love around and God is always watching over you, whatever you do in your everyday life.

Don't ever think you're alone, because you're not. However, it's your job to remember that God is always there for you when you're having a problem or crisis in your life. You can talk to him whenever you need him.
  5. Tournique

Tournique Senior Contributor

Well, while I have a different view on religion, I tend to think that looking for god or some higher spirit will ease your mind and your body. This works for some individuals and less for others.
  6. LitoLawless

LitoLawless Senior Contributor

I DO believe that love is all around in one way or another. For those who are religious, I would say that God is there as well.
  7. musicmonster

musicmonster Senior Contributor

This is a good reminder to all of us. Whatever it is that each and everyone is going through right now, love is happening. Just hang in there.
  8. joshua minaya

joshua minaya Active Contributor

I like what you have said here because even if as you said you don't believe in God but still you recognize the fact that somehow the Universe has a way to guide you to a fruitful path if one applies the right attitude that is a very nice ideology and i like it very much.
  9. muthoni

muthoni Active Contributor

So very true that there is so much love around. I volunteer at a home for abandoned babies and I am amazed at all the love extended there. A husband of a friend of mine started drinking because he felt that his family did not love him. His wife loves him completely. Love is all around us when we open our eyes to see it.
  10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I definitely agree with you. No matter what happens, God will always be there for us. He will never leave our side. If you feel like giving up or if you feel like the world has already turned its back on you, don't forget that there's God and He loves you.
  11. Twinsmommy31

Twinsmommy31 Active Contributor

Love is the reason we are all here. It is the ultimate gift. Love is always around you. You can get it from family, friends, pets and yourself. There is so much in the world to go around. It is something we all need to make it in this world.
  12. meenz

meenz Member

This is most definitely true. Some people may not believe it because of how they were raised, family issues, no friends, etc. But they should know that they are loved. Somewhere out there, there is someone that is willing to care for them and treat them like gold. They should not fret.
    Even if your family doesn't seem to be there for you, time heals things. I'm not saying this is 100% going to happen, but there is always a chance it will.
    And there are countless opportunities in life to make friends. The internet now exists so there are websites, and within these forums you could even find someone. In the world around you, you could go out to do an activity, go to school, go to work and meet someone new. You never know. There's always hope!
  13. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Active Contributor

I agree, love is all around us, nature is love, waking up is love, being able to correct your wrong that is love as well. Love comes in so many different forms.
  14. elles-belles

elles-belles Community Champion

I absolutely agree with you. Love surrounds us all the time and I personally believe that God is love and that all things work together for the good of one who believes! My faith gets me through a lot of things and gives me a lot of hope on tomorrow. Good that you also have that faith!
  15. 003

003 Community Champion

Yes, I believe that love is always around and it's really a strong motivator, but often it's not enough. There always has to be action because through it things happen. You cannot just love and expect great things. Only through actions you can move forward. Although your actions might not always be effective and might sometimes yield to failure, don't give up. It only adds up to a challenge of bringing out the greater you. The harder it is, the more difficulties that you pass through, the greater that you'll end up.
  16. Charli

Charli Community Champion

Same here. I personally in disagreement with the method of turning to religion but at the same time I am a believing in the fact that sometimes the end justifies the means so I won't argue with anyone who feels this method worked for them even though I hate that it just propagates an ancient lie.
  17. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

I believe there is a big difference between finding love in God and finding love in religion. I have strong opinions on both but as I came here to encourage and be encouraged I will simply say that love is wonderful thing. There is a quote that actually says, "Love is all around us, did you stop and notice it today?"

Stop and notice whatever or whoever you believe is the source.
    JohnBrock likes this.
  18. juno

juno Community Champion

I think when we think about love always being around us, we search for those who love us and support us. If someone does not have that type of support system, they may feel like they are lacking this factor. However, it is the spiritual love and feeling of having value in our own lives that will strengthen us the most.
  19. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

When I read this post I began to remembered one of my favorite inspirational song....From a Distance....God is watching us...Where ever we are and what ever we are doing to ourselves and to mankind God is watching us everyday with no boundaries with His enduring love to make us realized that there is always new hope for every failures that we had and to make this world a better place to live in.
  20. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I agree with you. God's love is unconditional, so even if we have sinned and harmed our body through the use of drugs and alcohol, He will still be there for us during our darkest times. God will never give us a burden that we can't handle.