An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Marijuana in the Morning

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by karebear07, May 30, 2015.

1. karebear07

karebear07 Active Contributor

Have any of you guys used marijuana in the morning? If so, I know Marijuana makes some people lazier or less productive but have you guys ever felt more productive and energized after smoking a joint in the morning? I heard in Seattle they recently came out with coffee that is infused with marijuana. Has anyone tried it?
  2. henry

henry Community Champion

I've done it, but, I didn't like it. There comes a time when you want to have your feet on the ground. People who do are usually heavy pot smokers, and I've heard some say it's their favorite joint of the day. For me, anything that you do everyday, loses its charm. It becomes just another thing you do. To me, pot was something special, and the mood had to be just right for me to light up a fat one.
  3. bluedressed

bluedressed Community Champion

Errr.. I heard a lot of smokers talking about how great the "first bowl in the morning" feels. I've smoked a few times, but never to start up a day -- even my bf who smokes daily only smokes in the afternoon (not like he has much stuff to do anyway but there ya go).
  4. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

I've heard of Marijuana tea, but not coffee. Wouldn't that be countering each other? Caffeine and weed? I know people who have swore that when they have taken uppers and downers that it balances it out.
  5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

Marijuana coffee! Do you think this is going to sell well at Starbucks?

I can't believe how people try so hard to find different used to a drug that can be simply used as it comes, but certainly from those experiments different outcomes may result with uppers and downers based on the mix.

However, and not from my experience, a friend of mine used to smoke marijuana at work, just before starting his shift. So more than lazy or active, he was like being slow; slow to talk, slow to do everything and looking like being in a dreamy state.
  6. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

That's going to be one deadly beverage, marijuana coffee that is. Imagine. There's already caffeine, an addictive substance, in the coffee and you put marijuana, another psychoactive substance, into the mix. It's going to be another type of high.
  7. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I have never smoked Marijuana in the morning and would not be a good idea to use it and then drive to work as, it could affect the mind and also a person could do something they regret. A person should think what could happen, and different people are affected by this and also the person can have a mood swing and also be happy or sad depending on how long they take marijuana. I have seen one of my friends, have marijuana in the morning and at night and tends to eat more or two plates of food which fills him up and wants the munchies which is food mostly and then feels sick after.
  8. FruityPop

FruityPop Member

Marijuana in the morning is a big no no for me. It tends to make me low energy for the rest of the day. On the flip side I know some people who do feel energized after a morning joint.

So I guess it all depends on the person using it. Whether they've been smoking marijuana for a long time or how sensitive they are. Either way I don't believe we should turn smoking marijuana in the morning into a habit. After a while your body and mind will become more and more dependent on the marijuana and you will be addicted before you know it.

Best to use meditation as a natural high.
  9. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Well, the Dutch certainly seem to approve of Amsterdam's "coffee" shops!
  10. neighborsboy

neighborsboy Member

11. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

So I supose you could say there's a strain for every occasion really! I presume that strains intended for medical use are chosen with this information in mind.
  12. 6up

6up Community Champion

Marijuana makes one feel tired and lazy. If one gets to smoking every morning then they can be unable to do anything without smoking. What if you are caught in the morning? That will be a bad day.
  13. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

Didn't like it at all. First of all I wake up all tired in the morning and second of all, it would make me feel even worse after doing that!
  14. Shimus

Shimus Community Champion

I loved waking up to the first bowl every morning. It set things right in my world and allowed me to tackle whatever I needed to handle with calm precision. When I didn't have it to kick off my day, I tended to turn into that person nobody liked to be around. Or just generally be in a pissy mood because I wanted to smoke just like some people smoke a cigarette to wake up/get around. I used Marijuana no different then the average tobacco user smokes their cigs - which is way too much.
  15. rightct

rightct Community Champion

Nothing special, to be honest. I did use to take it in the morning, too, but the effects resembled the ones which would occur throughout the day and night. I will give you credits and say that it had deepened effects, giving you momentary mind sharpness, but that's pretty much all about it.