An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Marijuana stinks

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by Rosyrain, Dec 11, 2015.

1. rtorir

rtorir Member

I hate it more when smokers cough. I also don’t like the yellow teeth and I would suggest the smokers to do something on the state of their smile. They may try to hide their teeth while the smile. I have a problem with their breath too. A smoker wakes up dry mouthed and produces a bad breath.

Mr. Smoker please understands that no offense taken and neither do I intend to offend you.
  2. danjon

danjon Senior Contributor

Exactly. I can't believe the US has moved to legalize it, and I certainly hope that never happens here in the UK.

People mock those of us who bang on about the dangers of cannabis, but the stuff people use today is a world away from the kind of thing the hippie generation were smoking in the 60's.
  3. Debrina

Debrina Member

I know this is an older post. I am just now dealing with the over whelming barfy smell of the pot . My God, do they make the smell so strong and so offensive so that law enforcement can smell it on people and arrest them? My brother smoked pot like a compulsive pot head freak daily in the 1980's. Back then it smelled like straw burning or something, that wasn't bad. It was a good smell and it smelled better than someone choking on a marlboro. But 2018, pot smells worse than a skunk that just got ran over. And the smell lingers and lingers. I have neighbors on my right, big fine home, smokes ever night around 11 pm outside, the stench comes up through my dryer vents and into my kitchen. It makes me choke and hold back from puking. And I can clean bedpans, so I'm not some picky person. But the pot, now, is horrible. The neighbor to the left is smoking right this minute. She goes outside and tokes away. My son and his friends tell me I have the nose of a blood hound. Which actually sucks, I wished I couldn't smell the nasty smell. Because, the smell makes my stomach hurt. If people have pot and smoke that stinky stuff, and they live in a state where it is illegal and they get pulled over, it's a dead giveaway to a cop. The smell doesn't leave for a week, I don't care if you spray lemon, citrus, apple, febreeze, estee lauder, men's cologne, or take a ****, that newer age pot smell is so strong it over powers EVERYTHING ELSE. I wised they would NOT use stinky chemicals or whatever it is to grow it or make it, that eludes funky aroma. I wouldn't mind smelling it if it smelled like it did in the 1980's. I absolutely loathe the smell of cigarettes. But the newer pot smell, I think I would chose to smell a stale cigarette. Which is gag a mag.
  4. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Debrina hi there. so sorry you're going through this. i too have the nose of blood hound...and certain smells make me cringe. not sure what i would do if my neighbors created a smell that made me sick... perhaps have a talk with them if they were not the type to fly off the handle.

i've not noticed that pot smells different...but i only smell it in crowds sometimes, like at festivals. seems to smell the same to me...

i hope you can get some sort of relief...