An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Marijuana use has doubled America

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by Carnold23, Oct 22, 2015.

1. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Active Contributor

The main reason is the media influence and ofcourse the fact that there has been no documented case if death occuring due to it's usage. People are feeling an urge to use it more because it just works well and many successful people seem to use it.
  2. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

I bet it would double and I wouldn't be surprised if it even trippled within the next couple years. Since it has become legal in some of the states, people would think its ok to smoke marijuana and therefore promote use of it.
  3. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Well the rise in marijuana consumption is partly due to the rise in population as well, plus the fact that marijuana is now slowly being recognized as a medical cure and being legalized in some states, so that all contributes to it's increase in use.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  4. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

Of course it would be used more when made legal. The main reason why it's use has increased is because most states have legalized it. In the past some people were worried about getting into trouble. If they pass a federal law to legalize it more people will be smoking it than they are now.
  5. tackykardia

tackykardia Member

I'm all for it being used medically. I just don't understand when people have to use it ALL the time for recreational use. Like they can't function without it. Like what's so bad about your life that you have escape all the time? Or cant they have any fun doing things without it? I feel the same with alcohol. But yeah just using it once in a while in moderation or for medical reasons, I have no problem with.